Windows 7 Wiped my OP drive

funnnyfarm

As the heading says I wiped my Operating Drive on my desktop. And created a fresh Windows 7 and other software. I am having problems with one program. I had it on the previous OP before I wiped it. Although I had a little problem connecting last time. The software worked great, the software is Vantage Point from Magellan, I have checked on the drivers (located at C:\Program Files\Magellan Drivers) in Device manager and the Properties say “this device is working properly”. Also I have uninstalled and installed the drivers again. When I open Vantage Point on my desktop and connect my Triton 1500 GPS by USB I get the Plug and play tone of connecting but a few seconds later I get the unplug tone. What is the best way to check the Windows side of my problem? I have messed with Windows software for the past 15-20 years ( and I mean really messed , that’s why I have my Operating System on one drive and save everything on a portable drive, I really mess them up. But I can tell one thing Windows 7 is the best. What I like about XP I could stick the disk in and I could run it to repair XP. Any ideas for my problem? Thanks Funnnyfarm

Something must of hung up in my desktop. I called Magellan support and they virtually had me do the same things I tried but for one thing. They had me plug the USB in to the back ,on the motherboard and it still did not connect. But after hanging up the phone from them I plunged it to the front again and the darn thing connected this time. I guess I was not holding my tongue at the right angle. Thanks for the help funnnyfarm

Those darn tongue angles are killers. LOL Glad you got it working

I suspect there may have been some contamination or perhaps dust on the USB connector. Might be worth taking some compressed air and blowing it out. Unplugging and plugging may have cleaned the contact.

Back