Windows 7 Wireless Adapter

BgHrly

Are there any suggestions on wireless adapters that will work on Windows 7? Or is ther a new configuration step you need to do in order for adapters to work. I have used Linksys, Belkin, USB and PCI and have yet to get even a burp of signal. Help

Are there any suggestions on wireless adapters that will work on Windows 7? Or is ther a new configuration step you need to do in order for adapters to work. I have used Linksys, Belkin, USB and PCI and have yet to get even a burp of signal. Help
Check this link for some suggestions: http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-networking/5056-wireless-wired-connection-not-working.html

For PCI Wireless adpter I have used: 2 from Encore and both are great .
1. Encore 802.11g Wireless PCI adapter ENLWI-G2 Note this is wireless G
2.Encore 802.11n Wireless PCI Adapter -ENLWI-N :faster Wireless N

Last edited:
Hey i have the ENLWI-N wireless card you mentioned cmn.It works fine on windows 7, but I have an issue I'm hoping you could help me with.

The drivers simply don't work. I'm stuck using the abysmal generic drivers that windows 7 uses by default. I can install the drivers just fine, no errors are reported, but the actual Encore drivers never show up in the device manager. This was originally causing some seriously slow internet. I managed to tweak a few things to get the download rates back to normal, but my upload speeds are horrible and my ping to anything constantly fluctuates or is way too high.

Did you manage to get the actual Encore drivers to install? I used the vista version of the drivers btw.

No LinkSys or NetGear either?

According to Linksys support, by downloading their updated wireless adapter driver you may or may not be able to use your adapter with Windows7. In my case it didn't work.

Also, from NetGear support site, it appears they don't have Windows7 compliant adapters for their products either.

It looks like I still have no choice but to use Windows7 drivers if I want to be wireless.

Hey There I have a

Dell 545 Inspiron
2.6GHz Intel Pentium Dual Core E5300 Processor
Windows 7 64 Bit
640 GB HD
6 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce 6800

I have a Belkin G Wireless Router with a Belkin N Ultra USB Adapter now my old computer which ran XP ran it fine, I have my adapter drivers installed on my computer but I cant find the router cd which im told doesnt matter. When I open my connections it says that "dark domain killer" which is the old network I connected to has great connection but it cannot establish a connection with it. Is there a way to fix this or should I buy something new. Or how can I set up a new connection for me to connect to and get rid of this dark domain killer one.

I have a Netgear WN111 that works seamlessly with XP, Vista and Win 7 machines. The latest is with a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop running 32 bit Win 7. You can only get them as a refurbished unit but, for less than $20.00 a piece they are a great buy. I have bought three of them and never had a problem with any of them.

The only problem you may encounter is finding the drivers. The last I checked the ones on the Netgear site (V1) are incomplete, I found the drivers on the web earlier this year. When you set the software up you let it control the adapter, not windows.

Back