Windows 7 Wireless capability off after dead battery, switch says on.

brianpm

Hi everyone,
I have an HP dv3510nr laptop running windows 7. Last night the wifi was working fine but I wasn't paying attention and the battery died. After plugging in and resuming from hibernate the wifi adapter was turned off and the icon was red. Even after pressing the button and the icon turning blue again (indicating wifi is enabled) it still says no networks available even though I know there are plenty. When I troubleshoot it says to turn on the wireless capability. Also when I go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections I can see icons for my LAN, bluetooth and wireless connection and when I push the button to turn the wifi on/off only the bluetooth icon disappears or reappears, the wifi icon stays there even though I'm sure that is the correct button.

I've tried going to power plan settings and setting the wireless adapter to "maximum performance" and gone to the device manager>properties and unchecked the box "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. And multiple restarts.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time!
Brian M.

Try recycling the laptop.
Shut it down (completely off)
Unplug it from the wall
Remove the battery.
Have a cup of coffee or beverage of your choice.
After five minutes or so
Replace the battery
Plug it back into the wall and boot it up.

Back
Top Bottom