Windows 7 Wireless card trouble

austinnormancore

I searched and didn't find anyone who had this same problem, but if it's already been adressed, please point me in the right direction.

I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. I'm using a Gateway MA3 laptop.
Under the Device Manager, my wireless card is mislabeled as "Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter." I don't know what my real wireless card is, but it's internal; it isn't a USB wireless card.
The problem with this is that whenever I plug anything into my USB port, my Wireless card no longer exists in my devices. I can only get it back with a system restore. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but it just disappeared again.

Any help will be appreciated.

I searched and didn't find anyone who had this same problem, but if it's already been adressed, please point me in the right direction.

I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. I'm using a Gateway MA3 laptop.
Under the Device Manager, my wireless card is mislabeled as "Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter." I don't know what my real wireless card is, but it's internal; it isn't a USB wireless card.
The problem with this is that whenever I plug anything into my USB port, my Wireless card no longer exists in my devices. I can only get it back with a system restore. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but it just disappeared again.

Any help will be appreciated.
Search using Gateway MA3 does not yield any useful results at Gateway Support. Can you check its Serial number and post that please.

T027431001267

I downloaded the wireless drivers from Gateway support and tried to reinstall it, but nothing changed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom