Windows 7 Wireless disconnect issue

jwblue

Extraordinary Member
Every two to three days, I have been losing my internet connection. When I reboot my computer, the connection comes back. Usually, I just hibernate my computer.

I did not have this problem the first two years I owned my computer.

When I had a disconnect, I hooked up my computer with a hard wire to the modem, and still could not get the connection. So I am guessing it is not a router problem. I have another computer hard wired to the router without any problem. Another computer is connected wireless and not having any issues.

What could the problem be?

Is there any third party connection manager I can try? If so, how do I disable Windows 7 connection manager?

Hi Jwblue,

Let me know whether you lose the connection after your computer comes up from hibernate Or it just disconnect while you surfing internet Or if the computer is ON even then.

Please follow the steps:-

1. Check if you have any Wireless Adaptor update waiting to get installed.

2. Try to change your router channels and security/encryption from ROUTER CONFIGURATION PAGE and check whether it works for you or not.

3. Reset the settings of your ANTIVIRUS and UPDATE it.

Update me once you done with it.

Hi Jwblue,

Let me know whether you lose the connection after your computer comes up from hibernate Or it just disconnect while you surfing internet Or if the computer is ON even then.

Please follow the steps:-

1. Check if you have any Wireless Adaptor update waiting to get installed.

2. Try to change your router channels and security/encryption from ROUTER CONFIGURATION PAGE and check whether it works for you or not.

3. Reset the settings of your ANTIVIRUS and UPDATE it.

Update me once you done with it.

The computer is always on when the connection is lost.

I will try all those things and find out if I get a disconnect.

Is there any chance that resetting Windows to when I bought my computer will solve the problem?

Hi jwblue,

Please update here the status of the issue whether or not it resolved.

First always try what possible then we can move for windows installation.

Thanks

Back