Windows 7 Wireless Laptop Problem

Wilhelm

Not sure where to post this. I am in my living room with my laptop and my signal shows up as excellent and then over time, it drops down to poor. When I turn it on, it may be poor or exc.
When I go to troubleshoot, it says there is no problem. My Laptop (Toshiba) is about 2 years old and I am running Win 7 and Explorer. My Router is about 3 months old and leased thru Comcast. Any help?

Last edited:
Just to add a little bit of information to the above, the signal bars seems to flucuate from 4 bars and suddenly drop to 1 or 2 bars. Could this be a heat problem or is the signal that I am getting from Comcast jumping up and down? How can I check to see if Comcast is the problem or the wireless board in my laptop?

No need to delete the question - if you'd like to add an explanation of what you found was wrong it may well help others when they search for a solution their own problem.

No need to delete the question - if you'd like to add an explanation of what you found was wrong it may well help others when they search for a solution their own problem.

Sure, what I found will not make any sense I am sure. The wireless mouse it appears was the problem. The signal strength from my living room to the den was poor, then good then poor and then excellent in matter of minutes. Also noticed the mouse beam was flickering. Changed out the mouse to another cordless mouse and my signal has been rock solid. Also changed out the battery before changing mice no diff. noticed. See I told you it would not make sense. LOL At least to me.

Thanks -it's problems and solutions like this which can take days to analyze so I'm sure that at sometime this thread is going to shine a light in someone's darkness!

Back