Windows 7 Wireless Network Adapter Settings

I can no longer view available wireless connections. The icon shows no connections are available. When I click on diagnose the problem, I get "The wireless network connection adapter is not correctly configured to use the IP protocol"

I can go on line with a direct Ethernet connection.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 6000 and it has worked fine for months. Just started acting up last week

Last edited:
I would suggest you go Here to correctly identify you adapter and provide a link to a compatible driver.

If a Windows 7 driver is not available, choose the Vista driver.

Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

I would suggest you go http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/detect.htm] to correctly identify you adapter and provide a link to a compatible driver.

If a Windows 7 driver is not available, choose the Vista driver.

Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

You could also try disabling IP v6 in the control panel for your network adapter settings. I disabled this and have not had a problem since.

Back