Windows 7 Wireless Printing?

Yes...just make sure that the laptop is setup on the network, and the printer/desktop are turned on and printer is shared in the network and sharing center...then install printer driver over the network from the printer and devices tab, then click add printer and away you go. It's how I print from all my wireless devices on my home network set up to print. Or get a wifi wireless printer......only difference there is, the desktop that the wireless printer is hooked up to doesn't have to be on, just the printer and the printers wifi.

Yes. If you have a network capable printer. I even print directly from my smartphone and tablets. There are plenty of network printers available these days. In my case, I have an old printer model connected to a wireless router with USB network printer feature.

What do you mean by "Desktop Printer"? Do you mean the printer is connected directly to your desktop?

If so, you may not be able to "share" a "wired" printer via a "wireless" connection.

The better solution is to connect your printer to your network (to your router or wireless router) then all computers on your network print to the networked printer.

As noted, this is better because no "host" computer needs to be up and running for others to print. But it is also better in terms of security because you don't have to open sharing on your PC.

For a specific answer, we need to know your printer model and your network device(s).

Thanks Guys, it doesn't take very much to "snow me". I have a HP Photosmart 2610 printer (old) and I am
connected to a "Comcast Router". So I guess I am stuck until I "pony up" for a new printer. How much are
wireless printers going for, not that it would be worth it to me as long as my printer is working okay.

I am showing that HP 2610 supports Ethernet and USB networking. You should be able to connect the printer to your router then all the computers on your network will be able to print over your network.

Wow, Can't believe it, I may have caught a "break" Will try that out, thanks Well, I tried moving the printer cable
to the USB port of the router. All that happened is on my desktop monitor it showed I had 4 unprinted files. Will
get back later to work on what is going on.

I would use Ethernet if possible. If W7, your devices should find your networked printer and set everything up for you. For XP systems you will need to follow these instructions.

Sorry to bother you guys. Read the Manual and since I am using W7 it will not let me download network changes.
Being 77 years of age I "DNCMTOAFC". Printer to old and puter to new.

since I am using W7 it will not let me download network changes.
Not sure what you mean there. I recommend you connect the printer to your router via Ethernet. Then go into Control Panel > Devices and Printers and select "add a printer". W7 will go out and search your computer's ports, then search your network and when it finds your device should install the proper drivers. If the drivers are not included in W7's own database, you will need to download them from here.

Not sure what you mean there. I recommend you connect the printer to your router via Ethernet. Then go into Control Panel > Devices and Printers and select "add a printer". W7 will go out and search your computer's ports, then search your network and when it finds your device should install the proper drivers. If the drivers are not included in W7's own database, you will need to download them from here.

Thank you very much. I did what you said above and it worked like a Champ.

Back