Windows 7 Wireless stopped working i Windoes 7

raghunathan

I have a Dell Inspiron 600m. I recently removed Win Xp from it and migrated to Win 7. The wireless was working fine for 3 days and then today morning it has stopped working. The wireless icon keeps showing no connection available. I tried to switch off the router and switch it on, did not work. I tried to reboot my laptop, did not work. The ethernet connects correctly. I opened device manager and did an uninstall of the wireless network device, rebooted the machine. On reboot Win 7 installs drivers from the Internet (on the LAN connection) but still shows up as No connection available.

We have 3 other laptops running Win Xp, Linux which run just fine. On really drilling down in the diagnostics, I get this message. HELP!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Windows Network Diagnostics
Publisher detailsIssues foundThere might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter
There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter
Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.
Detected
warning.png
Set up the wireless network adapter
Completed

The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems
Completed

Issues found
Detection details
There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapterDetected
warning.png
Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter.
Set up the wireless network adapterCompleted
Set up the network adapter to communicate with this network. This ensures that both Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) can be used on the network adapter.
info.png

Network Diagnostics Log
File Name: 9F36799C-907C-4411-BCC3-A3F4AB14401C.Repair.Admin.0.etlThe wireless network adapter is experiencing problemsCompleted
Windows Help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back
Top Bottom