Windows 7 WMP12 can't stream video from the internet

nialler

Hello

I've just bought a new laptop with windows7 x64 and WMP12 and I'm trying to watch a video on a website i've used for years and it won't work. I get the following error message

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
error1.jpg

when i try to upgrade i get this

moz-screenshot-3.png
error2.png

followed by this

error3.png

I've tried looking for updates on the microsoft website but it just tells me i don't need any updates. I'd really appreciate some help with this.

sorry for the double post but i just tried to download a file and play it that way and got this error message about the DRM?? It said I might need to connect to the internet but I already was.

If anyone can shed some light on this i'd be very grateful.

error4.png

Yeah here is the link

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I subscribe and login using a username and password which is still working as the videos work on my desktop which runs wmp11 i think.

It seems the site is subscription and I do not see the free part. The FAQ says WMP v 9 or later. Have you tried downloading the video prior to viewing?

Have you tried one of the free videos? I was just thinking if you are signed onto the site, maybe WMP is restricted from connecting to another site for the update. Have you done a manual update of WMP?

Have you looked through the WMP settings for DRM options?

Thanks for your help with this. I tried downloading the file to play it, it downloaded but wouldn't play. I got the error message which is on my second post. I've checked the box that says download usage rights are updated automatically in the privacy settings because I read I should do that on the microsoft website. I don't think there are free videos think you have to subscribe but my subscription details work on my other computer so it must be something to do with the new media player

The FAQ referred to free videos, but I did not see them.

There are setting in WMP about Download Usage Rights automatically and Send Unique Player ID to content providers on the Options/Privacy page. If you are a member, maybe ask them. I know I had to register my computer when I was using Audio books, and some Apple content, so maybe this is the same type of thing.

I don't suppose some firewall is blocking it? Anyway, I can't think of anything specific.....

Back