Windows 10 Wondershare | The most annoying software I ever installed | Rant 😡

bruh

Let me start off by saying this: I HATE WONDERSHARE (in case you didn't guess from the title)

I installed Wondershare a while back, I don't remember what for but I think it was Wondershare Filmora or something like that. Never had too much of a problem with it except for the fact that it was eating up quite a bit of RAM and CPU usage. Today I was cleaning out my ProgramFiles(x86) folder of anything I deemed to be useless and no longer needed, to free up some space, when I came across the Wondershare folder. I had not used Wondershare in quite some time, so I figured, I may as well just delete it if i'm not going to use it. However, therein lies where the problem and almost hulk-like rage ensued after making several attempts at removing it then realising that it is not going to be an easy task, because I wanted to delete Wondershare but Wondershare said "Oh no, i'm not going anywhere."

There were 2 unstoppable services from Wondershare still running, those were WsAppService.exe and WsDrvInst. I tried using Process explorer (my default task manager) running as administrator to stop the services but was met with an "Access Denied" error. Then I attempted to use another task manager I have called ProcessHacker (also running as administrator) and still it said access denied. Naturally after trying with all my might not to throw my keyboard aross my living room, I opened Ol' faithful, Google Chrome, and searched for that specific problems and found a solved question with instructions on what to do to win the battle against that final boss, Wondershare. I had to install a program called Autoruns, to uncheck the WS services that were causing the problem. Then I had to open msconfig, and in the boot tab I had to click "safe boot" and restart my PC in safe mode. Once in safe mode I could then go to the location of the Wondershare folder and delete it. Open msconfig again and uncheck "safe boot" and restart again. Now this would be fine normally, except for the fact that my PC takes anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes just to get to the Windows login screen after I boot it up.

So what's the lesson learned here?: I am NEVER going to install Wondershare on my computer ever again, not even if someone were to tell me that I really need it, no, forget that, it can stay off my computer forever. In my moment of rage I almost sent a, shall we say, less than kind email to the creators of Wondershare, but I didn't think it would be worth my time so I didn't bother in the end.

I'm just glad it is finally gone for good!

Back