Windows 7 Wont Let Me Save where I want To.. and I AM Admin!!

AndrewG

I have been using windows & for close to a year.. no issues till recently.

This is a home pc where I am the only one who uses it. Its for familily stuff, I do alot of home movies and edit lots of graphics for them. There is one account, me, the admin..

Recently I found when i try to save a graphic or mpg, it wont let me choose which file, says I cant drop it into the folder I want, I can only save it to the default `pictures` folder.. and I must contact admin....

I AM ADMIN!!

I can grab file after and move it to where I want.. but its a major pain

Even word docs has to be put into ``my documents`` not where id like it

Any idea why?

Win 7 has some built in safeguards depending on what you are trying to do. What folder are you trying to drop the file into. Are there any Digital Rights Managements associated with the file?

Win 7 has some built in safeguards depending on what you are trying to do. What folder are you trying to drop the file into. Are there any Digital Rights Managements associated with the file?

I am trying to save it to folds on the desktop, folders untill last week I could save these files into. I am not sure what you mean about digital rights.. again, I have saved in these folders hundreds of times (if not thousands) since I got PC and windows 7 last year.

Can you move other types of files onto the desktop? If it is only media type files, that would seem strange unless you had some software that had put some restriction. I cannot think of anything that might do such a thing, but I do not know for sure.

Have you checked the files properties to see who owns it, perhaps some type of restriction from a file moved from another computer.

Perhaps your user account has been corrupted. If it is a real problem, you might create another user account with admin rights and try moving the files with it.

Back