Windows 7 Word formatting

Macguier

Hello all! I've had a great experience testing the 7 Beta (I've been sticking with the actual Beta build until the RC comes out), my Aspire laptop isn't very powerful and the speed is a tenfold improvement over Vista for me! I hate having to go back to Vista if I need to (my BigFish games won't install on 7 yet).

Anyway, I also have Office 7, and for some reason, while my resume is only two pages in Word under Vista, it's three pages (nearly three *full* pages) in Windows 7. I've checked the formatting, and all of the fonts and sizes are supposedly the same. Is there some sort of difference between the fonts, or the way they are drawn, in 7? For the life of me, I can't figure out why the file would be so much longer and I don't want to have to reboot Vista every time I want to work with it.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hello all! I've had a great experience testing the 7 Beta (I've been sticking with the actual Beta build until the RC comes out), my Aspire laptop isn't very powerful and the speed is a tenfold improvement over Vista for me! I hate having to go back to Vista if I need to (my BigFish games won't install on 7 yet).

Anyway, I also have Office 7, and for some reason, while my resume is only two pages in Word under Vista, it's three pages (nearly three *full* pages) in Windows 7. I've checked the formatting, and all of the fonts and sizes are supposedly the same. Is there some sort of difference between the fonts, or the way they are drawn, in 7? For the life of me, I can't figure out why the file would be so much longer and I don't want to have to reboot Vista every time I want to work with it.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Could be the default spacing in Word '07. Check out the default setting in Word options (located in the basic operations menu you reach by clicking the Office logo upper left hand corner of screen - look at bottom right of menu for Word Options.) I went crazy trying to correct that and changing it back to single spacing until I found it in there.)

Back
Top Bottom