Windows 7 X1550 Driver

pmarte

Hello everyone, I have a problem that is driving me crazy.

My computer is as follows:
Motherboard Asus P4S8X-x
CPU Intel 2800 Ghz
2 Gb Ram
Video Card Sapphire Radeon X1550 512 MB AGP

It 'a bit' old-fashioned but so far it has always done his duty.

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32 for about 2 years without any problems: Windows has tried the drivers alone and everything worked perfectly with Aero enabled.
Last week I've noticed that I no longer have any hardware acceleration and Aero, Windows uses the driver VgaSafe giving me a yellow warning and Error 43 in Device Manager.
I decided to format but after installation I have the same problem.
I tried to manually install the driver Legacy 10.2 (the latest for my video card) without solving.
Since I was in the process of formatting I tried to install Windows XP and the card works, then I realized that is not broken. I reformatted installing Windows 7 Home Premium 32 but still have the same problem. After several attempts of install many drivers I am not able to solve the problem, the only driver that works is the Xp driver but it isn't a wddm driver so I haven't Aero. I tried everything looking many forums without a solution. I tried many drivers from Ati site and from Microsoft catalog
Before the new install of Windows 7 and with the Xp drivers the card works so it isn't broken.
The card is Windows 7 compatible
I think that 2 years ago, Windows has installed the right drivers but now goes to get the drivers that are not good for my video card. What can I do? I do not know where to turn!
I hope someone can help me out, I'm desperate.
Greetings

It dosen't work. I have tried to uninstall all the old drivers, clean all with driver sweeper in safe mode and then install it but when i restart the pc I have the yellow warning with error code 43.
I don't understand why when I have installed W7 the first time all was ok and now with a clean it doesen't work.

I don't understand why when I have installed W7 the first time all was ok and now with a clean it doesn't work.
I guess that's down to the fact that the clean install is using the latest drivers and v10.2 seems not to be compatible with the 1550. Try removing the device completely under device manager, rebooting and reinstall with the 9.3 driver.

Hi Patcooke, thank you for your help. I can't install the 9.3 driver because when I go to install it manually there isn't my card in the list but only those HD. I follow the manual installation as recommanded in all the forums but it doesen't work. Maybe isn't it a driver problem but of the AGP?

Hi Patcooke, I looked at the 9.3 forum but none cover my topic. I explain you better: when I read the .inf file with notepad I see my graphic card listed, but when I point to .inf file in device manager/driver/disk I see only the hd cards.
Now I have discovered something new: in operation center I have a response from Microsoft about the problem reported, Microsoft said that I haven't connected the SM BUS CONTROLLER. I searched in internet and the driver for this is in the chipset but for SIS648 chipset there is only XP diriver. I haven't the voice SM BUS CONTROLLER in device manager so I can't upgrade the driver. A scan with Driver Genius find anything

I'm afraid it's looking like you've hit a dead end. Driver support for that chipset stopped at XP so there's not even a Vista driver you might try. Looking like retirement time for the 1550 :(

But when I first installed 2 years ago W7 everything was ok, and it was ok for 2 years. W7 had installed all the drivers alone. This is what I don't understand.

If it did run ok that time I can only imagine the install is updating the driver from an online source. If you wanted to exclude this you could run the install making sure that you have no internet connection and see if that runs ok.

Back