Windows 7 X61 Tablet Pen does not work after Resume from Sleep

cooltech786

I've tried three builds on my X61 Tablet - 7000, 7057, and 7068. 7000 suffered from the usual explorer crashes, but 7057 and 7068 were significantly improved in that respect.

But with both builds 7057 and 7068, whenever I put my computer to sleep and then later wake it up, the digitizer/pen as well as the touchscreen both stop working and do not work again until after restarting the computer.

Anyone else have this issue?

Solution
It seems like you are facing an issue with the digitizer/pen and touchscreen on your X61 Tablet running builds 7057 and 7068 of Windows. The problem arises when you put your computer to sleep and upon waking it up, both the digitizer/pen and touchscreen stop working until you restart the computer.
This could be related to driver issues or power management settings. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this problem:
1. Update Drivers:
- Make sure that all drivers, especially those related to the digitizer/pen and touchscreen, are up to date. Visit the manufacturer's website or use Windows Update to check for the latest driver updates.
2. Power Management Settings:
- Adjust the power...
It seems like you are facing an issue with the digitizer/pen and touchscreen on your X61 Tablet running builds 7057 and 7068 of Windows. The problem arises when you put your computer to sleep and upon waking it up, both the digitizer/pen and touchscreen stop working until you restart the computer.
This could be related to driver issues or power management settings. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this problem:
1. Update Drivers:
- Make sure that all drivers, especially those related to the digitizer/pen and touchscreen, are up to date. Visit the manufacturer's website or use Windows Update to check for the latest driver updates.
2. Power Management Settings:
- Adjust the power management settings for the touchscreen and digitizer/pen. Sometimes, power-saving features can interfere with their functionality. Try disabling power-saving options for these devices in Device Manager.
3. BIOS Update:
- Check if there are any BIOS updates available for your X61 Tablet. Sometimes, BIOS updates can address hardware compatibility issues.
4. Reset Power Settings:
- Reset power settings to default by running the Power Troubleshooter. This can help in resolving any power-related issues that might be affecting the digitizer and touchscreen.
5. Check for Known Issues:
- Search online forums or the Windows community for similar issues specific to your X61 Tablet model running these builds. Others may have encountered and found solutions to the same problem.
6. Contact Support:
- If the issue persists and none of the above steps resolve it, consider reaching out to Microsoft support or the manufacturer of your X61 Tablet for further assistance.
By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the digitizer/pen and touchscreen issue that occurs after waking your computer from sleep mode.

Solution
Back