Windows 7 x64 - Drive Letter Change - BSOD

JN2Wheels

Hello!
Dual Boot Win7 x64 beta
XP x32

After installing Win7 into a new partition, the OS started up fine from the new dual boot screen, but I didn't have access to my Win XP partition from within explorer. In disk management, I was able to add a letter to my WinXP volume (I took the next available "O") and it popped up in explorer no problem. However, after restarting, Win 7 begins to load, then BSODs way too fast to think about catching with camera. I got the option to run startup repair at the restart, and I did so. The conclusion there was that I had plugged in a device during the last session that was now causing problems. That is bogus, unless that device is my newly lettered partition. I read many a thread in here about re-lettering a partition that had lost its letter in the intall (usually the other OS volume in a dual-boot environment), but didn't see those posters then have issues upon restart.

I can boot into XP, although here now NONE of my drives have letters.

Any Help? I really was diggin' my win7 time, and really enjoyed taking advantage of all my RAM and x64 versions of CS4 and CAD.

Thanks.

-JN

Back