Windows 7 (x64)Internet disconnects after doing anything online

Aman1238

Ok, so I just got Windows 7 64 bit on my computer and everything went fine. But the network keeps disconnecting. Any load on the internet (downloading, browsing, chatting etc) disconnects the entire PC from the network.

When I download or browse the web, it gives me a exclamation mark on the bottom like this:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

And when I try to solve the issues with Windows trouble shooter, it does this (resets/disables the driver):
Link Removed - Invalid URL

And then the only fix to this is a restart or a shit down. Then again it fails.

This is NOT a router problem as my 32-bit Windows 7 on my laptop works perfectly fine wirelessly.
This is probably a Windows 7/Network Driver issue.

Things I have tried:
*Reinstalling the drivers
*Trying several drivers
*Downloading and installing Nvidia Chipset drivers (Since I have a Nvidia motherboard)

Nothing works. They all either come to the same thing above^ or they just stay on no drivers installed.

Thanks for helping in advance. I hope i get some answers. If nothing seems to be solving, I will have to move my router, and get a huge ethernet cable and connect through that.

There were no scheduled tasks running, although I removed all running tasks. ...Rebooting

-Thanks

Last edited:
There were no scheduled tasks running, although I removed all running tasks. ...Rebooting

-Thanks
No one can find a way to turn off task scheduler.

By default there are over 50 tasks running... about half are runing diagonistics and sending reports to Microsoft... How can all those tasks running randomly not get in the way sometimes?

Fixed!!!

omfg .. ok so I finally fixed this prob .. All I did was go into Device Manager and Roll Back the driver for my WLAN card.

World of Warcraft (WoW) worked flawlessly like when I first set up this machine.

This is a new machine, hand-built.

Windows Version: Windows 7 64-bit OEM (legit copy)
Motherboard: MSI x58
RAM: 12GB Corsair DDR3 PC16000
DISK0: RAID1 (Mirror) 2x 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black (for the OS)
DISK1: RAID5 6X 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black (for storage, etc.)
GRAPHICS: ATI Radeon 4850 1GB (Sapphire OEM)
CPU Cooler: Nexus
All components: non-OC'd

DON'T NECESSARILY TRUST THE "LATEST" DRIVERS!!

Go directly to the hardware manufacturers and don't trust M$FT blindly as they would have you do!

Just remember .. they are geeks like anybody else .. and they just sweat their brains out so they can go home, have sxx with their spouses and have fun with their kids. At the end of the day, they don't care if you can't play WoW .. lol.

Great Catch... I should have though of that because I had to roll back my ATI graphics drivers to get rid of an atikdmag error that kept coming up in my Event logs. Watch what comes whey you do an update... it will grab the new device drivers and write them over .. and you'll have to do the roll back again.

ad infinitum

Oh I guess I forgot to mention:

CPU: Core i7 750 (3.06 GHz)
WiFi Card: D-Link DWA-552 XtremeN Desktop Adapter (801.11n)
Router: D-Link DIR-655 (802.11n)
ISP: TimeWarner
Firewall: Windows Firewall
Anti-Virus: Microsoft Security Essentials

I think I've found the solution to this problem. It was revealed recently (A week or two ago) that there is a bug in the NVIDIA chipsets when using 64-bit addressing. This ends up affecting a whole host of things on machines, including this nefarious "Random internet disconnect" problem. I posted this solution over at a couple other W7 forums and others with NVIDIA chipsets and 64-bit machines have all found it to succeed in fixing this frustrating issue.

What it more or less comes down to is applying this hotfix: You encounter problems when you move data over USB from a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer that has an NVIDIA USB EHCI chipset and at least 4GB of RAM

Ignore the fact that it mentions this fix to be solely for USB hardware issues. It is a fix for the NVIDIA chipset on 64-bit Windows 7 and has been practically a miracle fix for people with the USB harddrive disconnect problem, the random internet drop problem, and the internet-disconnect-on-wake-from-sleep problems that have all been plaguing Windows 7 64-Bit users since the RC.

Back