Windows 7 XBMC

seekermeister

Honorable Member
Although I have had it work properly on my system in the past, it has been a while. Now when I select a video to play, the video loads and plays in ultra slow motion. This has continued even after a clean installation of W7, and with different video cards.

It does work properly when booted into Linux on the same hardware, so that seems to eliminate possible hardware issues. If it had never worked, then I would just write it off as a compatibility problem, but as said, it did work previously. Any ideas of how to rectify the problem?

Although I have had it work properly on my system in the past, it has been a while. Now when I select a video to play, the video loads and plays in ultra slow motion. This has continued even after a clean installation of W7, and with different video cards.

It does work properly when booted into Linux on the same hardware, so that seems to eliminate possible hardware issues. If it had never worked, then I would just write it off as a compatibility problem, but as said, it did work previously. Any ideas of how to rectify the problem?

Checking the XBMC site, I can't find any info on what versions of windows it's compatible with. I also see that it has plugins or add-ons for it, which says they are by a 3rd party and are not liable for them. Have you installed any of those for XBMC?

I use CyberLink PowerDVD13, paid version solely because of it's ability to play bluray DVD's.

So it looks like a compatibility issue with windows and what version of windows. Or the XBMC sortware itself is corrupted in some fashion. When you reinstalled the software, did you use a fresh copy from their website or a copy you had saved? I'm just grasping at straws here.

I think that I stumbled on the answer. Never would have thought that the audio configuration would cause this kind of video problem, but it did. I changed it from the default DirectSound, to WASAPI (whatever that means) and the videos are now playing normally.

Back
Top Bottom