Windows 7 Xp Install

Kubira

I have oem Xp pro sp2 cd, im running W7, want to install XP to a seperate partition

I have installed it thru boot cd sequence(i tried running XP from inside w7, but the menu had install Windows XP greyed out:confused:), but now have no boot screen

How can i install xp pro with dual boot capability. I am not interested in sorting files or using 3rd party boot managers.

Previously had xp running, then installed W7 and all was fine, natural boot selection.

Now tho, with w7 installed, i cant install xp without bs.

I have oem Xp pro sp2 cd, im running W7, want to install XP to a seperate partition

I have installed it thru boot cd sequence(i tried running XP from inside w7, but the menu had install Windows XP greyed out:confused:), but now have no boot screen

How can i install xp pro with dual boot capability. I am not interested in sorting files or using 3rd party boot managers.

Previously had xp running, then installed W7 and all was fine, natural boot selection.

Now tho, with w7 installed, i cant install xp without bs.

you can install xp by boot from cd and using custom install method point to "spare" partition and install, but you will have to modify your boot ini either manually or with something like easybcd in order to get access to boot into both systems ;)

Last edited:
Back