Windows 7 XP mode in virtual pc not able to install

vivektalkin

XP mode in virtual pc not able to install :- I have installed virtual pc on my system nd restarted it ... after that i started installing xp mode but as it is about to finish it shows an error message "unable to install xp mode try again later".... i tried it about 20 times but the problem remains as it is ( i tried it after restarting my system again nd again .. also i have downloaded it from microsoft's site 5 times but no luck so far)

Any one here knows what can be the exact reason of this problem !!!!

PC--> intel dual core t7250 2.0 , 2gb , 500gb, 1gb nvidia card

Windows 7 pro. (32-bit
)

Have you tried turning off your AV while installing? Some of them can cause problems in complex installs.
Joe

yes i did... was not helpfull ..... i don't know but so far my exp. with win 7 is not as great as micro brag about it .... anyways anyother solution ?????

Not all processors support virtualization check Intel and see if your chip set supports virtualization and eliminate that as a problem. It may also need to be enabled in the BIOS before the install.
Joe

yeah ... i did check that before nd my processor supports that tech. ( i mentioned my proc. type there T7250 core 2 duo)

Is virtualization enabled in the BIOS? By default it is usually disabled. I think updating Windows to SP1 may have reset mine to disabled. You might want to double check that. Besides AV do you have any other security software running? I can't think of much else to help.
Joe

I have installed virtual pc on my system nd restarted it ... after that i started installing xp mode but as it is about to finish it shows an error message "unable to install xp mode try again later"
I'm not 100% sure about this but...
I think you are supposed to install the XP mode first and after that Virtual PC.

thnx man ... it helped me :) .. yes sp1 disabled it in bios which i enabled before .... thnx now i can install vs2010 ...

credits goes 2 Joe S:beer_mug:

Back
Top Bottom