Windows XP XP Power, 7 Looks

cybercore

Needless to say XP is a very popular and remarkable operating system. One thing XP has definitely left to be desired is its looks. I think there is nothing wrong if we try to make it look more like 7. So, there are two ways:

1). Automatic by using the 7 Transformation Pack (Link Removed - Invalid URL)

2). Change XP looks manually, fully or partially. A very good tutorial is Link Removed - Invalid URL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I prefer to modify manually:

1. Link Removed - Invalid URLUxtheme Multi-patcher will allow you to use any 3rd party msstyle theme on Windows XP/SP1/SP2 or Windows Server 2003 (with Themes enabled) just by patching the uxtheme.dll (dynamic link library).
x32 & x64 bit compatible.

2. Go to www. deviantart.com and get a 7-like msstyle theme. Extract it to your C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\ > then double-click on it and apply.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Link Removed due to 404 Error

3. You need Link Removed - Invalid URL if you wish to add 7 icons.

4. Link Removed - Invalid URL

Lee Soft

5. ViStart
(7 Start Menu)

6. Lee-Soft - ViGlance: Windows 7 SuperBar for XP

7. Link Removed due to 404 Error
(7-like explorer)

8. Visual Task Tips - Home
(optional, if you don't use viGlance)

9. TaskSwitchXP - Alt-Tab Replacement For XP - NTWind Software
(awsome software that allows task switching with visual previews)

10. Link Removed - Invalid URL
(this program is great but a little buggy, its development paused)

11. TokyoDownstairs: Magic Formation
(a nice handy launcher that you can also use in Vista and 7)

12. Sidebar:

[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005 - WinCert.net Forums

Aaaaaah. It looks like the guy I bought my computer from must have done this. I was wondering why the "XP" I have didnt look like the "XP" I was use to. It looks like Windows 7 but it's not Windows 7.

I dont have all the super-duper fancy things like the cascading windows so it must be the "7 transformation pack".

Is there a way to find out what was installed to make it look that way?

Thanks for posting this.

Drew is quite right, that way or XP > Control Panel > Install/Uninstall programs > see the list of all that's installed in your system.

But if you can't see a TP or anything like that, then someone may have done it manually. :) Ok, post your desktop screenshot, droflex, I'm curious. :)

Drew is quite right, that way or XP > Control Panel > Install/Uninstall programs > see the list of all that's installed in your system.

But if you can't see a TP or anything like that, then someone may have done it manually. :) Ok, post your desktop screenshot, droflex, I'm curious. :)

Heres the screenshot

Heres the screenshot

Nice skin. You can also try these:

SevenVG Black RTM Theme for XP by =Vishal-Gupta on deviantART

SevenVG_Black_RTM_Theme_for_XP_by_Vishal_Gupta.png

SevenVG RTM - Normal Taskbar by =Vishal-Gupta on deviantART

SevenVG_RTM___Normal_Taskbar_by_Vishal_Gupta.png

This is so awesome. I can't have Win7 on my PC cause it's not powerful enough, but now it looks like it at least, lol.

Back
Top Bottom