XP Power, 7 Looks

Needless to say XP is a very popular and remarkable operating system. One thing XP has definitely left to be desired is its looks. I think there is nothing wrong if we try to make it look more like 7. So, there are two ways:

1). Automatic by using the 7 Transformation Pack (Download Now)

2). Change XP looks manually, fully or partially. A very good tutorial is here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I prefer to modify manually:

1. Uxtheme Multi-patcher 6.0Uxtheme Multi-patcher will allow you to use any 3rd party msstyle theme on Windows XP/SP1/SP2 or Windows Server 2003 (with Themes enabled) just by patching the uxtheme.dll (dynamic link library).
x32 & x64 bit compatible.

2. Go to www. deviantart.com and get a 7-like msstyle theme. Extract it to your C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\ > then double-click on it and apply.

Download SevenVG RTM Theme with Normal Taskbar for Windows XP - Tweaking with Vishal

Download SevenVG Black RTM Theme with Normal Taskbar for Windows XP - Tweaking with Vishal

3. You need Icon Tweaker if you wish to add 7 icons.

4. 7 icons pack for Icon Tweaker

Lee Soft

5. ViStart
(7 Start Menu)

6. Lee-Soft - ViGlance: Windows 7 SuperBar for XP

7. Lee-Soft - ViSplore: Glass Browser for XP
(7-like explorer)

8. Visual Task Tips - Home
(optional, if you don't use viGlance)

9. TaskSwitchXP - Alt-Tab Replacement For XP - NTWind Software
(awsome software that allows task switching with visual previews)

10. Official WinFlip Mirror
(this program is great but a little buggy, its development paused)

11. TokyoDownstairs: Magic Formation
(a nice handy launcher that you can also use in Vista and 7)

12. Sidebar:

[AddOn] Windows Sidebar v6.0.6002.18005 - WinCert.net Forums

D

droflex

Aaaaaah. It looks like the guy I bought my computer from must have done this. I was wondering why the "XP" I have didnt look like the "XP" I was use to. It looks like Windows 7 but it's not Windows 7.

I dont have all the super-duper fancy things like the cascading windows so it must be the "7 transformation pack".

Is there a way to find out what was installed to make it look that way?

Thanks for posting this.

Drew is quite right, that way or XP > Control Panel > Install/Uninstall programs > see the list of all that's installed in your system.

But if you can't see a TP or anything like that, then someone may have done it manually. :) Ok, post your desktop screenshot, droflex, I'm curious. :)

D

droflex

Drew is quite right, that way or XP > Control Panel > Install/Uninstall programs > see the list of all that's installed in your system.

But if you can't see a TP or anything like that, then someone may have done it manually. :) Ok, post your desktop screenshot, droflex, I'm curious. :)
Heres the screenshot

View attachment 4423

This is so awesome. I can't have Win7 on my PC cause it's not powerful enough, but now it looks like it at least, lol.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.