Windows 7 yet another installation problem

jbaruch76

ok, i have gone through all the threads and tried just about everything but am still having problems. first i could not get past the first screen that has the blue wallpaper. then i disabled all non essentials in the bios which allowed me to get a bit further. however everytime i try it freezes at a different place. sometimes it is as it is loading files, or when it says "installing is stargin". a couple times i got to the screen where you choose what disk to use, but then froze as i tried to erase a drive. once i got past that and it froze on "opening files" (or something along those lines). and one time i even got past that and the computer restated and then froze on a screen that said something like "completing installation".
also, i can no longer boot into my vista partition, and i also already tried reinstalling vista and i run into similar problems. so i can't check my drivers or format my disk etc.
i know there are many threads like this but it is very difficult to figure out exactly what will apply to me.
so these are my specs off the top of my head since i can't access device manager or anything.
core 2 duo 3.0 ghz
3.5 gb ram
nvidia geforce 8500
gigabyte ga-ep35dslr mobo

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

What concerns me is 3.5G Ram

what is the configuration of your ram sticks?
Are they from different manufacturers?

Remove the 512M and try again.

What concerns me is 3.5G Ram

what is the configuration of your ram sticks?
Are they from different manufacturers?

Remove the 512M and try again.
Boot with a RAM checking CD and see what it reports. Sounds like a general memory problem to me, not just a bad 512M Chip.

Back