You are invited to our Team Meeting on Skype! Yes, you who are reading this!

Will you attend our open Forum Team meeting on Skype?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter

Our meeting has concluded! Here is the final video​

If you hold a membership on Windows7Forums.com or Windows8Forums.com, you are welcome to join our team meeting to discuss the next changes to our website and what you would like to see on the website. This meeting will be podcast and recorded and may even be uploaded to YouTube.

We need you at our next Skype-based Forum Staff Meeting!

June 16, 2012 (2012-06-16): Your response to this poll will help us pre-register you for the meeting and send you additional information as required, leading up to the event. If the venue/software for the event is upgraded to manage the over-capacity crowds, we will let you know what to do! This gives us a direct line of contact with you through the website. Please vote on the poll! This requires free registration.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 @ 08:00 PM New York, US

Please use the above time to figure out what time it will be in your locale.
Use the new World Time Zone converter, which includes Daylight Savings Time adjustments.

LocationLocal timeTime zoneUTC offset
New York (U.S.A. - New York)Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 8:00:00 PMEDTUTC-4 hours
London (United Kingdom - England)Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 1:00:00 AMLink Removed - Invalid URLUTC+1 hour
New Delhi (India - Delhi)Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 5:30:00 AMLink Removed - Invalid URLUTC+5:30 hours
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California)Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 5:00:00 PMLink Removed - Invalid URLUTC-7 hours
Detroit (U.S.A. - Michigan)Saturday, July 7, 2012 at 8:00:00 PMEDTUTC-4 hours
Rome (Italy)Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 2:00:00 AMCESTUTC+2 hours
Tel Aviv (Israel)Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 3:00:00 AMLink Removed - Invalid URLUTC+3 hours
Link Removed - Invalid URL (Russia)Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 4:00:00 AMLink Removed - Invalid URLUTC+4 hours
Link Removed - Invalid URL (Japan)Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 9:00:00 AMLink Removed - Invalid URLUTC+9 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT)Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 00:00:00

Skype Contacts: mikeawib, trouble24_7, kemicalcameron, whoosh1949

If you have not done so already, please add all four of us to Skype.

Please join us for this great meeting, where we are currently recruiting new team members at the meeting. We will even involve you in what would normally be team-only confidential discussions. We are going LIVE! with this meeting.

Please be aware that unlike other Skype meetings, we are actually announcing this one to our entire user base in Forum Announcements.

What the latest problem is:
We are noticing that the forums have turned into a question and answer only place with very little user interaction in what we are doing as a team to improve the website itself. We have lost the GFX Team that brought a lot of creativity to the site; we have lost a significant number of contributors once they become moderators. We are looking to change this situation as soon as possible. We are considering actively purging inactive moderators >1 month who have little to no record of contribution or moderation activity. Lack of user participation in forum decisions has given us some liberties to manage the site without interference, but criticisms are actually preferred to improve the website and get people interested in communicating with each other. We are concerned about Windows7Forums.com and Windows8Forums.com. Many individuals may be wondering why they can't simply exist as one website, and this issue will be addressed directly at this meeting... sorry, can't reveal any surprises!

Why You're Invited: Discuss the latest forum changes at Windows7Forums.com and Windows8Forums.com and the latest software changes from Microsoft. Join us to discuss everything and anything related to your activity on the website. We encourage you to bring up topics you may be interested in, or just listen in. We want to invite our members as a show of respect and support, as you will be invited to make many new decisions in the coming future related to both websites. We are also looking to recruit new team members!

It appears we have lost several key team members who were intensely interested in the website and its activities, and of above average to genial skill level over the last several months. The goal of this meeting will be to identify (1) What are we doing wrong (2) How we will immediately correct it (3) How we can get highly skilled, preferably Microsoft certified moderators on both sites. (4) How we can bring back lost moderators. Initial goal would be 12 moderators on Windows7Forums.com and at least 6 on Windows8Forums.com, but this number could even be doubled if we bring back the tiered moderation system. I will look to increase this number to a potential 20 moderators on Windows7Forums.com by the end of 2012 and at least a dozen on Windows8Forums.com. All moderators from both teams need a team leader, and this will be an important admin position. Moderation privileges will be interchangeable on both sites, whether used or not, so we will have a goal for a total of 34 moderators on both sites by the end of 2012.

If you have a heavy interest in helping others, moderating online communities, and volunteerism, you could become a moderator on both websites THAT NIGHT!

To encourage user interaction, we will bring back the Experience Points system, where members earn points, gain levels, accomplishments, and trophies for activity.

Minimum Requirements for Meeting:

Be sure to download the latest version of Skype. It is important that everyone uses the same version.

You must have a headset/microphone combination. You cannot just use a microphone as it could will create a feedback loop, but this may work on laptops.

We will not use video.

We will record this meeting for public release in Forum Announcements. According to the moderator guidelines, we are required to host at least two moderator meetings a year and are desperately late in hosting one. The last meeting was cancelled at the last minute, and moderators were compensated with a free copy of software.

You should be a registered member of either Windows7Forums.com or Windows8Forums.com.

A major announcement and vote may be held at this meeting involving both websites.

What You Should Know About The Meeting:

Your participation is valuable and urgent. I do not run these websites like a sultan, king, or emperor. The nature of this meeting is to bring back user and team participation in all areas of forum activity, not just technical support. We will attempt to bring back participation on all levels in the form of voting on new features, issues, etc. While communication is constantly on-going, on a near 24 hour basis via Skype through our active Skype team, we would like to be more inclusive towards our entire community.

No one cares if your voice sounds terrible, so there is no reason to be shy. Really, this cannot be emphasized enough. The more you decide to talk, the better. No one is going to think less of you. There is no such thing as a stupid question or statement if it is well intentioned.

This meeting will last 2 hours and not one second more! We will have fun if you talk!

We would please ask that you treat everyone in the meeting the way you would like to be treated. This means no disrespectful, hurtful, inflammatory, or under-the-belt remarks. If there is a problem that really needs to be addressed, wait until after the meeting, or bring it up in a civilized manner.

The meeting will be cancelled if there are not enough people to attend the meeting. At that point, we will have to reschedule again or start kicking people off the team. We need a time commitment for doing this from you at least twice a year. This meeting is likely to be the most essential one we have had in many years. This would be very bad to miss this one.

Premium Supporters are automatically allowed into the meeting. Registered members who become aware of the meeting can also be invited into the meeting. You are now aware! Ross Cameron (MVP) is being re-instated as an administrator here and is welcome at the meeting.

VIP Invitations have been sent!

The meeting will be re-syndicated in its entirety both in MP3 form and potentially video upload.

I hope you will join us for this important event. This will be the most important meeting the website has ever had! Join us for this interactive discussion and ask any question you want - zero censorship.

Last edited:
Re: Saturday, July 7, 2012 Team Meeting for Windows7Forums.com and Windows8Forums.com

I will be delighted to attend this much needed meeting . I have myself been saying for some time this is a very important thing . We are in need of fresh blood in the staff area . The staff that are willing to work on forum matters are being stretched . For one reason or another many moderators are unable to do a stint on the forums Life throws up many matters that need attention outside of the forums .
I think we need what may seem a surplus to cover such eventualities . That way nobody will feel overworked and we will always have sufficient moderators on hand to deal with matters in a pleasant fashion.

Last edited:
Re: Saturday, July 7, 2012 Team Meeting for Windows7Forums.com and Windows8Forums.com

Sorry for the inactivity after medications I'm feeling better. I think I can be active soon enough. Well I can make to the meeting :)

Hi Shyam,

I did not know you were sick. It will be good to see you there. Hopefully we will have some unexpected long-time members out in full force. As suggested privately, there will be an important announcement. :) Those who attend will definitely benefit in some way by doing so.

vBulletin 5 Connect Screenshots

Attachments

• 169362_10150877653127843_748993986_o.jpg
    169362_10150877653127843_748993986_o.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 502
  • 413153_10150877656667843_866330756_o.jpg
    413153_10150877656667843_866330756_o.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 566
  • 413946_10150877656222843_1855555770_o.jpg
    413946_10150877656222843_1855555770_o.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 505

Count me in. My time remains limited by exams until next Friday, then it's home free to Windows7Forums.com!

Maybe, i'll see. Is this everyone who has been invited? Or only a select few?

Last edited:

Maybe, i'll see. Is this everyone who has been invited? Or only a select few?
The list above is mostly our previous staff members. Additionally, all of our staff are expected to attend and anyone else interested is welcome to!

Wow, this is very cool of you guys. I just noticed this in my inbox. I don't know if I have a place in this meeting though. I'm very inactive here.

WOW, It been so long since I've been here. I'm surprised I have been invited to this meeting.

How have you guys been? Hope each and every one of you are well and in good spirits.

It is not clear how to "add all 4" to Skype. Is that supposed to be a link?

I also do not know how to join the session. If i am adding the names, how do i join everyone? I thought Skype is for a one on one only session.
Please explain how to do this
thanks
robin

We will create the group session; we only ask to add us on Skype beforehand so we can determine your username on the site and add you to the group during the meeting.

The meeting comes out here at 3:00 A.M. so I don't think I'll be able to make it this time because I think I have a dentist appointment at that time... :)

Anyway, I noticed that my name is in the list of topics so if someone reads this before the meeting and my name comes up, please comment for me referring to this post. I know that I've been "less active" (not INactive) lately and I will say that the reason is personal and I would be glad to explain it to Mike in a PM if he asks me about it. Although, even though like I said, a personal issue is causing me to be less active, thus causing time-lapses between my posts, I still make an effort to help when I can and my history can show this. This issue is temporary so please don't see this as me "phasing out".

I'd be happy to listen to a podcast of the meeting if it will be recording like it has been in past meetings.

I'd like to be there, I'll hopefully be there, but I can't promise how much I really have to give - if I get to be there. Not very technical, I'm more of a Customer service / PR / Marketing person. I like to help people, that's it. I think you have a great Forum, I'd like to assist, but can't say how much I can do.

But, cheerio to you all.

Just a heads up that the meeting is today! You must contact us on Skype prior to the meeting to join. Please try to avoid contacting us during the meeting. Looking forward to joining all of you there!

Back