[YOUTUBE] April Fools' Day 2011: Top 5 YouTube pranks

cybercore

To celebrate April Fools' Day this year, we've had a look back at some of the best YouTube pranks to cross our jape-loving paths.

April Fools' Day 2011: Top 5 YouTube pranks

article-1301588319661-0B6CF13600000578-885604_466x310.jpg

Computer scare prank

Simple change of Windows start-up sound + cranking up of volume knob = our comment of choice from this viewer: 'Man I probably woulda freaked. And I've lived in some rough neighbourhoods. DAMN soundin' like Vietnam up in there.'

Catapult prank

OK, so it's not genuine but it doesn't make us love it any less, especially when it yields nuggets like this from enamoured viewers: 'This is so fake that it's real!' and: 'Thumbs up if u wish this was Rebecca Black.' Touché!

Flatmate alien prank gone bad

Again possibly not the most authentic, but this viral from the LA-based film-making trio still makes us chuckle. It comes with no more explanation preceding it than: 'Chad hates aliens. A lot.' We, like you, have yet to figure out why Matt and Rob hit Chad in the face with an ironing board, by the way. Our YouTube comment of choice: 'Guess Chad's not so afraid of aliens anymore...'

Google Translate for animals: A sheep

Those Google peeps are quite partial to the ol' April Fool's Day fun, but this is one that will stay dear to our dark hearts for a long, long time. Complete with a handy video explaining how it worked, the Google Translate for animals 'app' helpfully warned that the higher up the food chain an animal is, the better the translator would work. Hence anyone looking for 'quick-witted banter' was advised to 'select cats and dogs rather than rabbits, hamsters and guinea pigs'.

Justin Bieber buys Funny or Die

Kudos to the web-bothering one for reading his lines so well in this (non-YouTube, granted) clip for April Fools' Day 2010. Funny or Die went all out for the prank, making over their main page in Bieber wallpaper and everything. 'I'm a star; I do what stars do. I ride on yachts, I autograph lady lumps and I pay people to slap them,' says our teen pal in a way of which Old Spice Guy would be proud.

[video]http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/d8ba1520fd/bieber-takes-over-clean?rel=player[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back