Windows 7 Youtube

StMichael

Ok... So youtube uses flash player... i have the X64 version of the windows 7 . 2 Days ago i can remember i surfed youtube with no problem watching movies but now... when i enter the youtube address and try tow atch a movie it tells me i need to install the Flash player. I can't do that since Flash Player doesn't support X64. This is the main problem. I don't know how did it worked before.

PS: it worked with Internet Explorer, now it doesn't work anymore, installed Google chrome and tried with it ... same problem.

Please provide me with some support here :(

I'm also running Win7 X64.

It includes two versions of the IE8 web browser: 32 and 64 bits.

The Flash player can be installed, and will run, in the 32 bit browser. (Not so in the 64 bit browser.)

I believe that there was a problem a few months ago with the Adobe website refusing to install the Flash player on a 64 bit version of Windows. (I think it affected Vista as well.) There was a work-around: an installer could be downloaded and run locally. That is no longer necessary: my current Win7 X64 install was a clean installation, and I was able to install Flash auotmatically on the web. YouTube works fine (but only in the 32 bit browser).

I can't explain your problem, unless you have somehow managed to set things so the 64 bit browser launches as the default. (Normally, the 32 bit browser is the default.)

Back
Top Bottom