ZA--startup message problem with W7

Not sure if this is a W-7 or ZA issue:

When I start my computer, I always get the message:

Do You want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer...

I have to say YES every time in order to run zlclient and therefore have ZA running.

How can I stop this message and just have ZA run at the start?

(I am using W7 -- the problem just started about 3 weeks ago)

Mel

Joe S

Excellent Member
It's probably the Zone Alarm. I quit using the bloated up free version years ago when It got to be so annoying.
Joe

patcooke

Microsoft MVP
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
I also dropped ZA years ago - I find the Win 7 firewall plus Microsoft Security Essentials adequate for my security needs.

ZA is excellent. You have to configure it for your programs.

If you don't know how to do that, learn or then yes, uninstall it.

In the program settings where the red x and green checks are, given the program full access. (Give 3 bars for access level, on left side.)

Last edited:
ZA is excellent. You have to configure it for your programs.

If you don't know how to do that, learn or then yes, uninstall it.

In the program settings where the red x and green checks are, given the program full access. (Give 3 bars for access level, on left side.)
Torrent:

I have no idea what you are saying. Can you perhaps elaborate on that last part?

Mel

Sure....in ZA...

Program Control | Programs

Set the trust level for the offending program to have 3 green bars - that's known as "super".

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Did Zone Alarm run normally prior to 3 weeks ago? Did you do an update to it? You might need to set it to run as admin to stop the messages. I don't run Zone Alarm any more either after some earlier problems.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.