Windows 7 BSOD since early May

sarahl

HP Pavilion g6 laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. For approximately the last week+ (maybe May 10 or so), we have been getting the BSOD immediately following the installation of the latest Windows updates (46 required, 7 optional). We have had to restart the computer in safe mode and do a system restore to an earlier date in order to keep the computer functional.

We have now uninstalled all anti-virus programs. The only firewall running (since about 2 hours ago) is Windows Defender. We installed Malwarebytes, which found and deleted approximately 170 items.

Attached are the requested WF7, CPU-Z and RAMMon files. Hope someone can help!

Attachments

• LaBarre BSOD information.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 370
Hi Sarahi,
before I even look at the dump file can you check via the installed updates if this update is installed: KB3022345

If it is then please un-install it as it's been giving several users issues. Microsoft have now released a new version but you must remove the old one first.

If you don't have the update installed then let me know and I'll check the dump files again.

Hello kemical,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay.

The update you mention is not installed, so I hope you can look at the dump file and find other possible suspects.

Appreciate your help.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88004bca15a, fffff88009b1fe30, 0}

Probably caused by : ks.sys ( ks!KspPropertyHandler+2ea )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
out of the two dump files sent, one blames AMD storage drivers and the above is blaming the windows kernel. Checking over your drivers however I can see that they really do need updating.
Although your model is a HP Pavillion G6 finding which G6 wasn't easy so I hope the page I found is for your model exactly. Please make sure otherwise the driver downloads will be incorrect.
Please apply all updates:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...2/model/5096684#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1

There is a slight chance that the issue could be memory related but see how you go after updating the above drivers.

Post any new dump files as the more we see the better.

Back
Top Bottom