Can't create playlist in Media Player 12

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Bishoop, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Bishoop

Bishoop New Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Windows 7 has been installed on this PC for about one month. Today is the first time I tried to use Media Player.

I cannot create a playlist. When I try I get the following error message:

"Windows Medial Player encountered a problem while creating or saving the playlist"

I have tried turning OFF/ON Media Player in Control Panel.

I have run sfc /scannow with no problems found.

I tried system restore. No difference.

Looking for suggestions to fix this problem.

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Aug 28, 2007
  3. Joshua Squires

Joshua Squires New Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I am having the exact same problem. I have tried everything you listed as well as turning off WMP then deleting the library file and clearing all the caches. Still won't work. This is insanely frustrating as I have a Creative Labs mp3 player and WMP was the easiest program to use to create playlists in. This has been going on for several months now and I am furious.
  4. alfred01

alfred01 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Hi Joshua and Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Joshua I suggest you start by Googling WMP 12 patch. Download that and see if it helps. Please let us know.
  5. citta

citta Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    I have the same problem have looked at the page you said to go to for help but it does not help at all. I know how to make a playlist but WMP will not let me make it, error each time. I am so fed up with it I think I will be trying another player that works until this problem is addressed properly.
  6. Sharsan

Sharsan New Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Well, while we dont have the perfect solution, I have a alternative idea:
    How to create a new Playlist?
    1. Go to your playlist folders (eg. M:\My Music\My Playlists )
    2. Make copy - past of any of the lists (eg. Hip-hop.m3u -> hip-hop - Copy.m3u
    It automatically will be added to your media player list
    3.(In media player) rename it (eg. hip-hop - Copy -> rap)
    4.Double click on it , clear the musics (it get the musics of last Hip-hop list) and put the new sounds and save

View image: mediap

good luck