Windows 7 Creative Sound Blaster Live! CT4830 Driver for Windows 7

Thanks for posting back Elliott! Wow, a new company I never heard of making audio cards--amazing! Live and learn. o_O

On the XP--we are hearing Feb. or Apr. 2014 for the End-of-XP support date. Of course that has been pushed back before and probably will be again, as XP has the largest number of worldwide users of any Windows version in Microsoft's illustrious history. BTW, that means no more paid tech support on phone, no more XP media replacements, but not download of legacy drivers, service packs, tech articles in MSDnet, and developer kits. Our Windows Forum leader has some posts here about that if you're interested you can read the sticky he has in Windows XP forum I think. He works very closely with the Microsoft people. You have a few more months then to get things you need or upgrade to newer Windows versions etc.

Best of Luck!
BBJ

Thanks for getting back to me to quick!! one more thing - Windows 7 Professional has an XP mode, would I be able to run the XP drivers in that?

Cheers

Elliott

Hi Elliott- sure thing.

Don't know how the legacy sound drivers for that card will react in Win7 Professional; but if your hardare (desktop or laptop) doesn't support native virtualization; you can still try it out using the free VMWare for XP download from here: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/1091...s-7-machines-without-hardware-virtualization/

Can't guarantee it will work, but of course if your computer has the native virtualization hardware embedded in it it's a lot more likely to work than with just using a VWware software fake-out to trick the drivers into working. My experience says it will possibly work that way. But, if your computer does NOT have the native embedded hardware virtualization capability, then probably not. But, it's certainly worth a try. I think if you were getting paid hourly to do this, to fix a $40 sound card problem that's now obsolete it certainly wouldn't be worth the time spent. In your case, however, you may not value your time to fix this problem as much as retail Computer Store would.

So, best of luck and please Post back and let us know your result. :nerves::noise:

BBJ

@Dr.Loco
Ive did all the things you said,but it gives me no sound.
What happens on my Windows 7 is the following:
I hear an irritating noise,but no music.
Also i see in the volume-mixer in the Wave-out section 6/7 (and that's the only one who gives responce)
the Level bars pop-up in the green,so there is sound,but i here only the noise.
I tried some other entries back on the sound card but the noise stays,no music.
My soundcard = Creative Live CT 4830
I also have Windows 8.1 on board.
I've disabled my onboard sound in the BIOS.

@Dr.Loco
Ive did all the things you said,but it gives me no sound.
What happens on my Windows 7 is the following:
I hear an irritating noise,but no music.
Also i see in the volume-mixer in the Wave-out section 6/7 (and that's the only one who gives responce)
the Level bars pop-up in the green,so there is sound,but i here only the noise.
I tried some other entries back on the sound card but the noise stays,no music.
My soundcard = Creative Live CT 4830
I also have Windows 8.1 on board.
I've disabled my onboard sound in the BIOS.

sorry for the delay -
hmm.. is this card working? maybe its an hardware problem. if you can - try to check it on a diffrent computer because maybe this card got faulty.

anyway, i'm not that sure if i heard an irritating noise as well, but i do remember that i did try a lot of options.
for example, did you try to download a diffrent version of the driver? as i said at my last post in section 2, for some reason, an older version worked for me. so maybe you should try that as well.

also - i didn't disable the onboard driver from the bios, i only uninstall it from windows itself, maybe you should try that too.

don't forget to try diffrent options for plugging the cable to the sound card. there are lot of combination that one of them might work.

so... any luck?

Back