Distorted audio in Gamebar recordings

ErMurazor

Hi all, I'm looking for a help to solve a big problem with Xbox Game-bar. I used the integrated Windows gamebar recorder to record my gameplays since all the time. And still, I like to it rather than using third party software. But there's a very disturbing problem with it; Whenever I record any gameplay with the game-bar and play it, the audio in the recorded video sounds choppy. The video plays very smooth and the gameplay is also smooth while recording. This happens for nearly two years now. I tried every solution I could find regarding this issue, but nothing worked.

These are my Laptop's specs;
- AMD A9-9425 Radeon R5 dual core 3.10GHz APU (CPU with integrated graphics)
- 8GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM
- 1TB HDD
- Lenovo LNVNB161216 Motherboard

I'm currently running Windows 10 22H2 Home edition (64-bit). before that, 1909 Home edition (64bit). Before that I used a lite version of 10-pro. That's when the problem occurred. I decided to re-install a full version after failing to fix the issue on the lite version. Initially I was intended to install 10-pro but I got a activation key from a friend for the home edition and install it (1909). The problem didn't occur for like few days but suddenly it started again. Then I looked everywhere for solution and tried everything I could find. Finally I tried upgrading windows to the latest edition and the problem is still there...

What should I do ?

***Also the problem only occurs in my Laptop. There is not such a problem on my PC which has i5-4460+intel HD 4600 quad core CPU. AMD A9-9th gen is the equivalent of i3-8th gen. Which is a quiet similar CPU to i5-4th gen. Also the R5 graphics is far superior to intel HD 4600. And the overall gaming experience in my Laptop is far better than my PC.

It seems like you've been experiencing audio issues when recording gameplay using the integrated Windows Game Bar. I understand that this can be frustrating, especially when you prefer using the built-in recorder over third-party software. Let's explore some possible solutions to your problem.

1. Update Audio Drivers: Start by updating your audio drivers to the latest version. Outdated drivers can often cause compatibility issues, including choppy audio playback. You can download the latest drivers from your laptop manufacturer's website or the audio chip manufacturer's website.

2. Adjust Game Bar settings: Open the Windows Game Bar settings and make sure the audio settings are configured correctly. You can access the Game Bar settings by pressing "Windows + G" and selecting the gear icon. Ensure that the correct microphone and audio output devices are selected.

3. Check Recording Format: Verify that you're using a compatible recording format for your audio. To do this, right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar, select "Open Sound settings," and select "Sound Control Panel" from the right-hand side. In the Sound control panel, navigate to the "Recording" tab, select your microphone device, and click on "Properties." In the Properties window, go to the "Advanced" tab and select an appropriate recording format (e.g., 16 bit, 44100 Hz CD Quality).

4. Adjust Power Options: Sometimes, power settings can affect the performance of your laptop. Ensure that your laptop is set to the "High-Performance" power plan. You can access the power options by right-clicking on the battery icon in the taskbar and selecting "Power Options." Select the "High-Performance" plan, and see if it improves the audio recording quality.

5. Disable Audio Enhancements: Audio enhancements, such as sound effects or spatial sound, can interfere with recording quality. Disable any audio enhancements by going to the Sound settings (accessible through the speaker icon in the taskbar) and selecting your audio output device. Click on "Properties" and navigate to the "Enhancements" tab. Check the "Disable all enhancements" box and click "OK."

6. Lower Game Bar Recording Settings: Try lowering the recording settings in the Windows Game Bar. Open the Game Bar settings and click on "Recordings." Adjust the quality and frame rate settings to a lower level and see if it improves the audio. Lower quality and frame rates can reduce the load on your system and potentially result in smoother audio recordings.

If none of the above solutions work, you may want to consider using alternative screen recording software specifically designed for gameplay recording. Numerous third-party applications, such as OBS Studio or NVIDIA ShadowPlay, offer advanced recording features and may provide a solution to your audio issues.

Remember to always keep your Windows system and drivers up to date. If all else fails, you may want to contact Microsoft support or your laptop manufacturer for further assistance, as they may have additional troubleshooting steps or specific recommendations based on your hardware configuration.

It seems like you've been experiencing audio issues when recording gameplay using the integrated Windows Game Bar. I understand that this can be frustrating, especially when you prefer using the built-in recorder over third-party software. Let's explore some possible solutions to your problem.

1. Update Audio Drivers: Start by updating your audio drivers to the latest version. Outdated drivers can often cause compatibility issues, including choppy audio playback. You can download the latest drivers from your laptop manufacturer's website or the audio chip manufacturer's website.

2. Adjust Game Bar settings: Open the Windows Game Bar settings and make sure the audio settings are configured correctly. You can access the Game Bar settings by pressing "Windows + G" and selecting the gear icon. Ensure that the correct microphone and audio output devices are selected.

3. Check Recording Format: Verify that you're using a compatible recording format for your audio. To do this, right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar, select "Open Sound settings," and select "Sound Control Panel" from the right-hand side. In the Sound control panel, navigate to the "Recording" tab, select your microphone device, and click on "Properties." In the Properties window, go to the "Advanced" tab and select an appropriate recording format (e.g., 16 bit, 44100 Hz CD Quality).

4. Adjust Power Options: Sometimes, power settings can affect the performance of your laptop. Ensure that your laptop is set to the "High-Performance" power plan. You can access the power options by right-clicking on the battery icon in the taskbar and selecting "Power Options." Select the "High-Performance" plan, and see if it improves the audio recording quality.

5. Disable Audio Enhancements: Audio enhancements, such as sound effects or spatial sound, can interfere with recording quality. Disable any audio enhancements by going to the Sound settings (accessible through the speaker icon in the taskbar) and selecting your audio output device. Click on "Properties" and navigate to the "Enhancements" tab. Check the "Disable all enhancements" box and click "OK."

6. Lower Game Bar Recording Settings: Try lowering the recording settings in the Windows Game Bar. Open the Game Bar settings and click on "Recordings." Adjust the quality and frame rate settings to a lower level and see if it improves the audio. Lower quality and frame rates can reduce the load on your system and potentially result in smoother audio recordings.

If none of the above solutions work, you may want to consider using alternative screen recording software specifically designed for gameplay recording. Numerous third-party applications, such as OBS Studio or NVIDIA ShadowPlay, offer advanced recording features and may provide a solution to your audio issues.

Remember to always keep your Windows system and drivers up to date. If all else fails, you may want to contact Microsoft support or your laptop manufacturer for further assistance, as they may have additional troubleshooting steps or specific recommendations based on your hardware configuration.
I tried everything except for the fifth solution. I will try that also. If nothing works, I think I should probably go for a third party software as you suggested here. Anyway, thanks for commenting...!

I tried everything except for the fifth solution. I will try that also. If nothing works, I think I should probably go for a third party software as you suggested here. Anyway, thanks for commenting...!
You're welcome! I'm glad I could offer some suggestions to help resolve your audio recording issues with the Windows Game Bar. Trying the fifth solution, which involves disabling audio enhancements, might be worth a shot as it can sometimes interfere with recording quality.

If none of the suggested solutions work, considering third-party software for recording your gameplay could be a viable option. There are many reliable and feature-rich recording software available that can provide a stable recording experience with high-quality audio. OBS Studio and NVIDIA ShadowPlay are popular choices among gamers, but you can explore other options as well.

Remember, it's important to choose software that best suits your needs and preferences. Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions or need further assistance. Good luck with your recordings!

Back