Windows 10 Hidden administrator account: No password

Brando

An elderly neighboor has a HP laptop that was managed mostly by her deceased husband. It has one Local account on it and she /we have the password
full access to all their documents etc.
She says the unit has become very slow, not sure why an i am starting to help her clean it up, backup all documents and do a recovery /or system restore.
In the mean time and there are some programs Like avast and LogmeIn that are installed that i would like to help her remove.
Issue, when we try to uninstall we are asked for and Administor level password and the password we have an use to log into this one local account, does not work.
any advice on how to proceed?

If there is only one visible account then that account should be an administrator. If for some reason it's not working you may need to use a tool like the offline NT password reset tool to enable the built-in admin account named Administartor.

thanks for the confirmation, yes the account doesnt seem to have admin levels rights and the Administor account is "hidden: so thats the direction i was headed, Reset but wanted to make sure there wasnt something else i was missing.

You can type net localgroup administrators to see which accounts are members. Any of those should have rights to uninstall

Back
Top Bottom