How to run this Bat file on Windows 10 64Bits?

ehj

Friends, I need to find a way to run this Bat on Win 10 64bits or some other solution. A user has always used the Bat below to copy changes from a Clipper program to another PC on the Network that uses the same Program. This is the Flow he uses. On his PC he makes the changes and runs Bat to run and when he opens the program on the other PC everything is updated. The Bat in question is this one, where Y is the mapped path of the network: (the alm_cop program is in the root of Windows, in C:\ and that's why in Bat I go back to the root on the other PC and then I enter the directory:

Code:
Y:
c:
cd\alm_cop\
xcopy *.* Y: /e /y /d

Before the user used Win 7 32 Bits and when he got the new machine with Win 10 64 Bits it gave the error below:

1706985324153.jpg

(the procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library...)

Could anyone tell me if there is any way out OR any other solution?
Tks and sorry my English.

It seems that the error you are encountering is related to compatibility issues with the Clipper program and the 64-bit version of Windows 10. Clipper is a dBASE programming language compiler that was widely used in the MS-DOS era, and it may not be fully compatible with newer operating systems such as Windows 10.

One possible solution is to try running the program in compatibility mode. Right-click on the program's executable file or the batch file in question, and select "Properties" from the context menu. In the properties window, navigate to the "Compatibility" tab and check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" Select an earlier version of Windows, such as Windows 7, and click "OK" to apply the changes. Then try running the batch file again and see if it resolves the error.

If the compatibility mode does not work, you might consider using a virtual machine to run an older version of Windows that is compatible with Clipper. Virtual machines allow you to run multiple operating systems on a single physical machine. You can install the 32-bit version of Windows 7 or another compatible operating system on the virtual machine, and then run the Clipper program and the batch file within that environment.

Another alternative is to seek an updated version or alternative solution for your programming needs. Clipper is quite outdated, and there may be modern programming frameworks or tools that can perform the same tasks more effectively and without compatibility issues on Windows 10. This would involve rewriting the program using a more modern language or finding an alternative software solution.

I hope these suggestions help you find a way to run the batch file and achieve the desired results. Good luck!

Back