Windows 10 W10 on small / marginal systems

bochane

Excellent Member
Here some issues, of which I think, that they are all related to very small or marginal systems

I am testing on an very small and underpowered system: Acer Aspire One, (Atom N270 @ 1.6 GHz, 1 GB ram, Intel 945 Express – WDDM1.0 Video, Hitachi HTS543216L9A300 ATA 150 GB disk, Realtek PCIe FE Family LAN, Qualcomm Atheros AR5007EG Wireless)

I have found the following problems / temporary solutions
  • Update of the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver timed-out
    Every attempt to update the Realtek High Definition Audio driver ends, after a long delay with the message “We could not complete the Update….” followed by the deinstallation/removal of the update. It might even prevent other updates from being installed.
    Solution: use the Group Policy Editor to enlarge the timeout period for updating device drivers from 300 to 1800.
    see: http://kb.stonegroup.co.uk/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=289

• Wifi timed-out when copying large files
    Large file copies (about 200 MB) thru a Wifi connection may not complete but stop unexpectedly. After this connecting to a webpage with IE is impossible. Disconnecting and reconnecting the WiFi connection is needed to reestablish communication thru Wifi.
    Solution: the number of receive and transmit buffers for my Atheros Wifi Adapter is 256 by default. Decreasing this number to 128 for as well receive and transmit solved for me this problem. Maybe after all input buffers are filled and the input from IP has been stopped, the processing of a too large number of buffers causes some kind of time-out?
Problems for which I could not find a solution
  • System does not react any longer, but beeps on every input, introduced in build 10041
    Just hold down the power switch until the PC switches off, than restart.

• Spider game of MS Solitair Collection screen corrupted, introduced in the previous build
    Parts of the screen of that app are blacked out, it changes on every move. Maybe is it a bug in the display driver….

Last edited:
Problems for which I could not find a solution
  • System does not react any longer, but beeps on every input, introduced in build 10041
    Just hold down the power switch until the PC switches off, than restart.
I found the following application error of dwm.exe in the logs (sorry for the Dutch Language):

Naam van toepassing met fout: dwm.exe, versie: 10.0.10041.0, tijdstempel: 0x5503ac02
Naam van module met fout: dwmredir.dll, versie: 10.0.10041.0, tijdstempel: 0x5503abfe
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000409
Foutmarge: 0x000039a1
Id van proces met fout: 0x390
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d06ae9e31ef406
Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Windows\system32\dwm.exe
Pad naar module met fout: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dwmredir.dll
Rapport-id: 129e1ddf-d6e9-11e4-bc51-00238b2aee79
Volledige pakketnaam met fout:
Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout:

Added
I also found this:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...click-on/eab0d4f6-2668-43e1-9766-434b7b4afcdc

Last edited:
Back