Windows 7 Win7 x64 SP1 - New Install - Web Certificate Problems

PerryCodes

Just performed a new install from scratch. Windows 7 x64 / SP1. Seem to be having all sorts of trouble with https sites...

For instance - I'll visit:
and everything is okay, but when I click on the 'My Account' link:
IE displays says "Certificate Error: Navigation Blocked" and I'm given the following three choices:

- Click here to close this webpage.
- Continue to this website (not recommended).
- More information

I -am- behind a proxy, however, a laptop running x32 non-sp1 has absolutely no problems with security certs. Is this a known issue or am I a lone survivor slowly dying on a desert island?

Cheers ~ Jason

You're not alone with this, I've got exactly the same problem with ebay, hotmail, amazon, etc, and I'm also running Windows 7 x64 which I've just updated to SP1. Any site with a SSL certificate seems to be affected, as though Windows just doesn't know what the certificates are!

For the time being, I think I'm going to roll the update back and wait for it to be fixed!

It's never nice to have a problem like this, but knowing you're not alone sure makes it feel better :) Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Jason

I have Had SP1 for over a month and never experienced this problem. I am sure many others here have had SP1 for awhile also, I may be wrong but I think this is the first posting of this problem

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom