10 Cool New Supercars That You'll Never Own

reghakr

Essential Member
It has been spied: the Aston Martin One-77. According to Road & Track, it is very close to production. With a price tag topping the $1 million mark, it's not likely one will be in your garage this coming year, although, as Ferris Bueller once said, "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. It is so choice." To me, the One-77's profile is dangerously similar to that of America's latest addition to the super-car world: the Corvette ZR1. Of course, aerodynamics are a sort of black magic, so people tend to go with the shape that works.

Typically, that would be a simple wedge. You'll see what I mean in this list of 10 new or soon-to-be-new supercars that we'd love to get behind the wheel of but will surely never own.

Link Removed due to 404 Error
10. Subaru WRX STI
For the drug dealer in all of us, the Subaru WRX STI is the car of choice. They're finally ditching the hatchback-only body style for the STI (which would give you shingles just by looking at it). Of course the flat-four engine is still under the hood with a turbo boosting it up to 305 all-wheel horsepower.

9. Mercedes-Benz SLS
Based on the 1954 300 SL Gullwing, the new SLS, while impressive, isn't the earth-shattering development that the 300 was. The original Gullwing was the first car to crack 150 m.p.h. Despite a 6.2L AMG V8, the SLS doesn't even crack the 200 m.p.h. mark, which is somewhat of a necessity when the price cracks the $250,000 mark.

8. Ferrari 599 GTO
If you ever see one of these out on the street, count your lucky stars. Only 599 of the Ferrari's road-going rendition of the 599XX will be made, and all of them have been sold to Ferrari loyalists. Expect a premium to be paid for this future classic.

7. Audi A7
Right now it's equipped with a 300HP turbodiesel; by the time this car goes on sale in the U.S., it will have enough engine to compete with the Porsche Panamera (this car's prospective rival).

6. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Yeah, it's been out for a little while. But, the fact remains that it's really the only American supercar that can confidently take on Ferraris twice its price (not just in a straight line). The Ford GT doesn't count. It was developed by Europeans — Lotus, actually.

5. Dodge Charger Cop Car
Goddamn it. It's hard enough keeping track of all the things cops are driving these days. Now they had to go and do something like this. If you see a cop in the old Crown Vic, run. He won't catch you. However, the new turbocharged V6 or 6.4L V8 that will be under the hood of this charger is another story. All ye who have less than 450HP, abandon all hope. Well, maybe he'll run out of gas before you. It'll get about 13 m.p.g. [photos by the guys who wrote their names all over the image.]

4. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
This thing is fast. Really fast. 267 m.p.h. fast. It is the undisputed champion of the world in all categories concerning speed. With the record, it beat out the SSC Ultimate Aero, America's straight-line speeder. What pisses me off about this thing is the fact that we're losing the speed arms race to a car made in France (albeit by Germans). Also, it's orange.

3. Wally Concept Car
Futuristic yacht design company Link Removed due to 404 Error recently unveiled plans for a cutting edge, Jetsons-esque concept car. According to luxe lifestyle blog Link Removed due to 404 Error,"The concept is designed to fit into the company’s image and appeal. The aim is to bring the essence of Wally onto the land and offer an exclusive user experience." The car's sleek interior uses carbon fiber teak, a material often used in Wally's yachts.

2. Aston Martin One-77
Aston's answer to the 599 GTO, its V12 packs a 750HP punch. Although I think the shape is kind of like the ZR1, it outclasses it in every way. I can't wait to see what numbers this thing puts up in the speed department.

1. Porsche 911 GT2 RS
Definitely the most dangerous thing ever created. Getting right down to brass tax, the 620HP engine is hanging over the rear axle. You'd have to be drunk and mad to make it also a rear wheel drive car. The RS hits 205 m.ph. and is only limited to that by the gearing. Thanks for the population control, Porsche. Of course you could just buy new legs if you're happy about paying the $245,000 price tag. Only 135 are coming to the US of A, all of which will explode immediately.

Source: http://m.brobible.com/story/13160110/10-cool-new-supercars-youll-never-own?page=0,1

It has been spied: the Aston Martin One-77. According to Road & Track, it is very close to production. With a price tag topping the $1 million mark, it's not likely one will be in your garage this coming year, although, as Ferris Bueller once said, "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. It is so choice." To me, the One-77's profile is dangerously similar to that of America's latest addition to the super-car world: the Corvette ZR1. Of course, aerodynamics are a sort of black magic, so people tend to go with the shape that works.

Typically, that would be a simple wedge. You'll see what I mean in this list of 10 new or soon-to-be-new supercars that we'd love to get behind the wheel of but will surely never own.

10. Subaru WRX STI
For the drug dealer in all of us, the Subaru WRX STI is the car of choice. They're finally ditching the hatchback-only body style for the STI (which would give you shingles just by looking at it). Of course the flat-four engine is still under the hood with a turbo boosting it up to 305 all-wheel horsepower.

9. Mercedes-Benz SLS
Based on the 1954 300 SL Gullwing, the new SLS, while impressive, isn't the earth-shattering development that the 300 was. The original Gullwing was the first car to crack 150 m.p.h. Despite a 6.2L AMG V8, the SLS doesn't even crack the 200 m.p.h. mark, which is somewhat of a necessity when the price cracks the $250,000 mark.

8. Ferrari 599 GTO
If you ever see one of these out on the street, count your lucky stars. Only 599 of the Ferrari's road-going rendition of the 599XX will be made, and all of them have been sold to Ferrari loyalists. Expect a premium to be paid for this future classic.

7. Audi A7
Right now it's equipped with a 300HP turbodiesel; by the time this car goes on sale in the U.S., it will have enough engine to compete with the Porsche Panamera (this car's prospective rival).

6. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Yeah, it's been out for a little while. But, the fact remains that it's really the only American supercar that can confidently take on Ferraris twice its price (not just in a straight line). The Ford GT doesn't count. It was developed by Europeans — Lotus, actually.

5. Dodge Charger Cop Car
Goddamn it. It's hard enough keeping track of all the things cops are driving these days. Now they had to go and do something like this. If you see a cop in the old Crown Vic, run. He won't catch you. However, the new turbocharged V6 or 6.4L V8 that will be under the hood of this charger is another story. All ye who have less than 450HP, abandon all hope. Well, maybe he'll run out of gas before you. It'll get about 13 m.p.g. [photos by the guys who wrote their names all over the image.]

4. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
This thing is fast. Really fast. 267 m.p.h. fast. It is the undisputed champion of the world in all categories concerning speed. With the record, it beat out the SSC Ultimate Aero, America's straight-line speeder. What pisses me off about this thing is the fact that we're losing the speed arms race to a car made in France (albeit by Germans). Also, it's orange.

3. Wally Concept Car
Futuristic yacht design company Link Removed due to 404 Error recently unveiled plans for a cutting edge, Jetsons-esque concept car. According to luxe lifestyle blog Link Removed due to 404 Error,"The concept is designed to fit into the company’s image and appeal. The aim is to bring the essence of Wally onto the land and offer an exclusive user experience." The car's sleek interior uses carbon fiber teak, a material often used in Wally's yachts.

2. Aston Martin One-77
Aston's answer to the 599 GTO, its V12 packs a 750HP punch. Although I think the shape is kind of like the ZR1, it outclasses it in every way. I can't wait to see what numbers this thing puts up in the speed department.

1. Porsche 911 GT2 RS
Definitely the most dangerous thing ever created. Getting right down to brass tax, the 620HP engine is hanging over the rear axle. You'd have to be drunk and mad to make it also a rear wheel drive car. The RS hits 205 m.ph. and is only limited to that by the gearing. Thanks for the population control, Porsche. Of course you could just buy new legs if you're happy about paying the $245,000 price tag. Only 135 are coming to the US of A, all of which will explode immediately.

Source: http://m.brobible.com/story/13160110/10-cool-new-supercars-youll-never-own?page=0,1

I got another one for you........

Attachments

• Cat Mobile.JPG
    Cat Mobile.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,627
Back