Windows 7 10 min boot time under win7 64 bit

hi everyone!
i just installed windows 7 64bit - and it took more than 2 hours to do so!!!
firing up the installed system takes about 15 minutes, interaction on screen is extremely slow. mousepointer as well. java and flash are installed properly. another interesting observation: win7 does not show me how much ram i have. the line (in deviced and security) just stays blank. (i have 8gigs of kingston ddr2 rams, a q6600 cpu on a gigabyte p35 dq6 board).
the 32 bit version works perfectly ok on another partition.
can someone think of a reason for this strange 64bit behavior?

thanks for reading
markus

www.humanchaos.net

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

First of all did you do an Upgrade install or a Clean install and what build of Windows 7 are you using?

I had a similar problem when I killed an update in the middle of installing. Long boot, everything took minutes on the computer. I never did get if "fixed" so I reinstalled Windows7 64-bit. My computer is similar to yours, with less of a processor, and my installation took maybe 25 minutes.

Also is this a legit download with real key or something from the torrent sites with some kind of crack applied? When I load from DVD it takes about 20 min I've got 8 gigs of ram.
Joe

hi everyone!
yes it is a perfectly legit dl: its build 7100 win7 64 bit
first i though it might be related to missing 64bit chipset drivers - however, updating did not do the job either.
so will i have to reinstall?
markus

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

First of all did you do an Upgrade install or a Clean install and what build of Windows 7 are you using?

i did a clean install parallel to win7 32bit and xp. so i have three parallel systems,
win7 64 bit build 7100

problem solved: the issue was related to the ram bios settings. i did not update the settings to the new hyperx rams. so they were set to the wrong values.
thanks everyone for helping !!!
markus

www.humanchaos.net

Thank you so much for posting back. So often on forums, members find the solution and then B***r off without sharing the information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom