Windows 7 About installing of windows 7 OS

jf1234

Hello this is jack from london. Please give me the installation process of Windows 7 operating system.

Hi Jack & Welcome to the forum.

Basically, insert disc, may need to set machine to Boot from CD/ROM, hit Install Now, select where (drive location) it is to be installed, size the drives or partitions, do the name/location/language & sit back for about 15 mins. Then, after installed, install MSE, followed by Windows Updates. But...

You can find it in here

Download the Windows 7 Power Users Guide eBook FREE! - UK TechNet - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Hit "Download Here"... takes a while to DL, there is a progress bar. When finished > File > Save As... will save (the webpage(s)) as a pdf called, win7powerfree.pdf

Cheers,
Drew

What Drew said, also I like to remove the 100mb partition when I do. Here are my steps for that:

Install Windows 7 without 100MB partition

At the first setup screen (Language, Keyboard, etc.) press SHIFT+F10. This will open a command prompt window. Type "C:\" then Enter. Use the following commands.

- Diskpart
- List disk
- select disk 0
- clean
- create partition primary size=60000
(this creates a partition of 60GB in size. To skip, just leave off "size=60000")

- select partition 1
- active
- format fs=ntfs quick (optional)

Now continue with the install. When you get to the partition screen, highlight the partition you just created and click Next. Windows will install to the partition you created and not create the 100MB boot partition. Instead, you will see a C:\Boot folder when the install is finished.

Back