Windows 7 Access denied during the scan of the permission screen

JosCiv

Hey guys,

First of all I'm going to start by saying that I'm not really a Windows related man so please explain everything step by step.

The problem I had today was that I couldn't rotate some of my photo's. This was 'solved' because I went searching on the mighty Google and I found a forum on sevenforum (google: can't rotate pictures windows and you will find it, because I can't add a link right now).

This helped until the part where I needed to change the permission because at the moment that my pc was scanning the files there was an error because of certain file so I clicked continue but then other files caused also an error until it said that :C/ couldn't be scanned. When I clicked on continue this time there was another error saying that I don't have the acces to allow full control to these files...

Has anyone got a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Josip

Last edited:
Hi Josip and welcome to Windows Forum!

I've seen similar problems to this, but in order to help you we do need some additional information from you.
Like the Make/Model of your computer. Is it a desktop (tower) or a laptop or tablet? What PROGRAM are you using to rotate your photos? (i.e.: Photoshop, Microsoft PictureIt, etc.?).
This can often make a difference in how we recommend various solutions to try.

While we are waiting for you to gather that information, I can tell you I've seen this sort of problem before, and it's most often due to a failing/failed hard drive or from a virus that's infected your system. Once you post back your system specs, we'll tell you how to test these for these 2 types of failures.

If you are not a Tekkie type as you stated, you may wish to just know that almost certainly you're computer needs professional servicing at this point. If you take it into your local Computer Pro they will charge you from about $40-$120 US for the diagnosis. Some Techs who are independent will do the diagnosis for Free; but make sure they are licensed before you use them AND be sure to get a written estimate from them before authorizing them to do any work.

If you decide to try to figure this out yourself, be prepared to spend several days or even weeks fixing this problem.

Lastly, have you tried UNINSTALLING & REINSTALLING the photo editing program?? That sometimes will fix the problem.

Looking forward to your post back.
Best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Thanks guys,

BIGBEARDJEDI: I have a Vaio laptop but i'm not sure wich model ( an old one), I'm runing Windows 7 and I'm using the Windows program to rotate it or just right-click the photo and select the rotate option.

kemical: I found this link too, but the problem is after the check-box, in the scanning part. So at step 4 when I need to apply the setting, the acces is not granted.

Last edited: