Windows 7 Access denied during the scan of the permission screen

JosCiv

Hey guys,

First of all I'm going to start by saying that I'm not really a Windows related man so please explain everything step by step.

The problem I had today was that I couldn't rotate some of my photo's. This was 'solved' because I went searching on the mighty Google and I found a forum on sevenforum (google: can't rotate pictures windows and you will find it, because I can't add a link right now).

This helped until the part where I needed to change the permission because at the moment that my pc was scanning the files there was an error because of certain file so I clicked continue but then other files caused also an error until it said that :C/ couldn't be scanned. When I clicked on continue this time there was another error saying that I don't have the acces to allow full control to these files...

Has anyone got a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Josip

Last edited:
Hi Josip and welcome to Windows Forum!

I've seen similar problems to this, but in order to help you we do need some additional information from you.
Like the Make/Model of your computer. Is it a desktop (tower) or a laptop or tablet? What PROGRAM are you using to rotate your photos? (i.e.: Photoshop, Microsoft PictureIt, etc.?).
This can often make a difference in how we recommend various solutions to try.

While we are waiting for you to gather that information, I can tell you I've seen this sort of problem before, and it's most often due to a failing/failed hard drive or from a virus that's infected your system. Once you post back your system specs, we'll tell you how to test these for these 2 types of failures.

If you are not a Tekkie type as you stated, you may wish to just know that almost certainly you're computer needs professional servicing at this point. If you take it into your local Computer Pro they will charge you from about $40-$120 US for the diagnosis. Some Techs who are independent will do the diagnosis for Free; but make sure they are licensed before you use them AND be sure to get a written estimate from them before authorizing them to do any work.

If you decide to try to figure this out yourself, be prepared to spend several days or even weeks fixing this problem.

Lastly, have you tried UNINSTALLING & REINSTALLING the photo editing program?? That sometimes will fix the problem.

Looking forward to your post back.
Best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Thanks guys,

BIGBEARDJEDI: I have a Vaio laptop but i'm not sure wich model ( an old one), I'm runing Windows 7 and I'm using the Windows program to rotate it or just right-click the photo and select the rotate option.

kemical: I found this link too, but the problem is after the check-box, in the scanning part. So at step 4 when I need to apply the setting, the acces is not granted.

Thanks guys,

BIGBEARDJEDI: I have a Vaio laptop but i'm not sure wich model ( an old one), I'm runing Windows 7 and I'm using the Windows program to rotate it or just right-click the photo and select the rotate option.
>>>Ok, thanks, that helps a bit. Sounds like you are using Windows Photo Gallery, a built-in Win7 utility program. I might suggest that you try downloading the free Windows Live Photo Gallery, part of the suite of free add-on programs from Microsoft which is part of the Windows Essentials 2012. You can uncheck the other programs you don't want such as Live Mail or Messenger and only get the Live Photo Gallery. It is an updated and smarter version of the Photo Gallery program designed to work better with Win7 & Win8/8.1 (as it turns out it works great in Vista too!). Try installing the Live Photo Gallery program and see if you can rotate your photos. If that still doesn't work, it could be the photo files you are using are corrupted! :( You didn't mention what the source of these photo files are you are trying to manipulate are. Did you upload them to your laptop from your digital camera, or a flash drive, memory card, or download them from the Internet somewhere? I would urge you to go to your Library, My Pictures, Sample Pictures, and use Live Photo Gallery to rotate the sample pictures. It would be a good idea to save a copy of each picture you do this test on, such as "PenguinsOld" or "SunriseOld". In case you decide to use those original sample photos later on, and you can't un-rotate them, something else on your laptop in Windows could permanently damage those original sample photos. In many cases, I have fixed Customer problems like you have by doing this. You need to compare to a baseline, and you never said what the photos source was or how they got onto your laptop. :^)
A couple of other things you can try too include taking 1 or more of the photos that won't rotate and copying them over to a DIFFERENT COMPUTER OR LAPTOP and testing if Photo Gallery or Live Photo Gallery will rotate the photos on that other computer. It would be best if the test computer/laptop were also running Window7, but not necessary for the test. If the few test photos DO ROTATE on the other test computer/laptop, the photos are not damaged but rather your Windows or your Vaio hard drive has failed. If this is the case, then your laptop most certainly needs servicing. Most likely a Windows reload, virus clean/removal, or replacement of a faulty hard drive. By the way, hard drives are the #1 failed component in ALL brands of laptops after they are 2 years old or older. This is the category your laptop is in. So, if the photo files work on another windows computer/laptop, it's your Vaio laptop that has the failure not the files.
If the photo files also DO NOT ROTATE properly on the test computer/laptop, there is a good chance they are indeed corrupt, and you are fighting a problem with the photo files themselves, not your laptop at all. While you are on the test computer, test the windows sample files with Photo Gallery or Live Photo Gallery on that computer/laptop. If they rotate properly, then clearly your photo files are corrupted (Bad).
Going back to your laptop, retest the windows sample pictures for rotate. If they do not work in either Photo Gallery or Live Photo Gallery, it's most likely your laptop has experienced a software failure *Windows* or a electromechanical failure *hard drive*. You will then need to get your
Vaio laptop professional servicing as I mentioned above.:waah:

Hope this helps. Best of luck,
<<<BBJ>>>

kemical: I found this link too, but the problem is after the check-box, in the scanning part. So at step 4 when I need to apply the setting, the acces is not granted.

Last edited:
Back