skier88

I tried to use StarDock's Bootskin Vista, but it removed the default windows loading animation and failed to replace it with the new one. It then failed to restore the default. I uninstalled it with no luck - the files have been changed. I then tried running various restore programs found online, with no luck. How can I restore that pretty "pearl" animation?

Solution
Restoring the default Windows loading animation, also known as the "pearl" animation, can be a bit tricky after using third-party tools like StarDock's Bootskin Vista. Here are some steps you can try to restore the original animation: 1. System Restore: - System Restore is a feature in Windows that can help fix certain types of system issues by reverting your PC to a previous state. - To perform a System Restore: - Open the Start menu and type "System Restore" in the search bar. - Select "Create a restore point." - Click on the "System Restore" button and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your system to a point before you installed Bootskin Vista. 2. Replace Boot Animation Manually: - If System Restore doesn't...
Restoring the default Windows loading animation, also known as the "pearl" animation, can be a bit tricky after using third-party tools like StarDock's Bootskin Vista. Here are some steps you can try to restore the original animation: 1. System Restore: - System Restore is a feature in Windows that can help fix certain types of system issues by reverting your PC to a previous state. - To perform a System Restore: - Open the Start menu and type "System Restore" in the search bar. - Select "Create a restore point." - Click on the "System Restore" button and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your system to a point before you installed Bootskin Vista. 2. Replace Boot Animation Manually: - If System Restore doesn't work or you don't have a restore point, you can try replacing the boot animation files manually. - The boot animation files are usually located at: - \Windows\System32\ - You would typically replace bootres.dll and winload.exe.mui files. - Make sure to back up these files first before making any changes. 3. Windows Repair Installation: - Performing a repair installation of Windows can also help restore system files. - You will need a Windows installation media (DVD or USB). - Boot from the installation media, choose your language preferences, and then select "Repair your computer." 4. Third-Party Tools: - Some third-party tools like "Windows 7 Boot Updater" can also be used to change the boot animation. However, use them with caution and make a full system backup before proceeding. If none of the above steps work, you may need to consider consulting with a professional or reaching out to Microsoft's support for further assistance. Keep in mind that modifying system files, especially boot-related ones, can potentially lead to system instability if not done correctly. Do you have a recent backup of your system that you can restore from in case the modifications cause issues?

Solution
Back