Windows 7 Activating a US copy of W7 with a Non-US Key

bigtony

Can I buy a Spanish copy of Windows 7 in Mexico, and use that product key on a downloaded and burned copy of Windows 7 in English?

I need Windows 7. But I can't buy it online for download from MS as I'm in Mexico, as is my Credit Card billing address, and the MS site apparently only supports US purchases for online downloads. However, I can't buy Windows 7 locally in Mexico, as the only version for sale here, is the Spanish version, and I need the English version. Can I buy a Spanish copy of Windows 7 in Mexico, and use that product key on a downloaded and burned copy of Windows 7 in English? I just wanted to know if anyone knew if that would work before I blew the money :)

Yes, I would do that...but, I can't call US Toll Free numbers from Mexico, as they would not be toll-free, they don't work :) Does anyone have their local number?

Using Skype, I called the toll free posted here and they transferred me to 800-936-5700 Customer Service, which said that they would be different products, the key would not work. So they said call the MS Store 877-696-7786, which I did...still on hold...

Okay, they said...MS only accepts credit cards for online purchases from the US, and that they do not have any listings for any retail locations in Mexico that even might sell an English version of Windows 7. So, if you want an English version outside the US, your only option is to mail order it from someone that will accept a non-US card. I am now going to see if the local Office Depot can special order me, then if not I guess I have to make friends with someone in the US.... :(

Back