Windows 8 Activation error 0x8007007B

NerferMC

Whenever I try to activate my PC, an error shows 0x8007007B. The error message says: "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax name is incorrect"
I searched the whole web, But no solution works. most of the solution were made for the error code 0x8007232B. And I don't know what MAK key is.

I got my Windows 8.1 Pro by using Microsoft Media Creation tool.

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    37.6 KB · Views: 577
Open up an admin command prompt and do a slmgr -ipk yourproductkey abd let us know what it says.

Can you do a slmgr /dlv and post the output please. You could try slmgr /rearm then reboot and then try slmgr -ipk again

You wouldn't have a MAK license. These only pertain to volume licensing which is only for enterprise versions of Windows.

Please upload your WindowsUpdate.log file in C:\Windows.

Also as nmsuk mentioned the slmgr command so we can see what type of license you're using.

Can you do a slmgr /dlv and post the output please. You could try slmgr /rearm then reboot and then try slmgr -ipk again
I have already fixed the problem to my self, but another error code appeared that says "0x8007000D"

You wouldn't have a MAK license. These only pertain to volume licensing which is only for enterprise versions of Windows..
Oh, ok. The Internet confused me for the MAK key license.
I have already fixed the problem "0x8007007B" error, but another error appeared that say "0x8007000D"

Also, I uploaded the WindowsUpdate.log file.

Attachments

• WindowsUpdate log.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 559
Back