Windows 7 Add programs to "safe" list?

ripcurlksm

I am experiencing problems with two programs that only work when I "Run As Administrator".

The programs are Filezilla (FTP program) and XAMPP (localhost for Apache/MySQL/PHP).

If I right-click on the program and 'Run As Administrator' it works fine, but I would like to know if there is a way to add these programs to a 'safe' list or something so I can run them normally.

Thanks!

Right-click on my computer icon on the desktop,. choose properties, click the the Advanced system Settings click the Settings button under Performance,. click the settings button, the the Data Execution Protection.

Add your program here.

Actually I did that, and the same issue is happening... could it be a firewall issue with a default W7 Firewall setting?

Yes, coil;d be a firewall issue.

Try downloading PC Tools Fireswall Plus......it's free and then you can turn of Windows firewall.

Download ]PC Tools Firewall Plus™ 6 for Windows®

PC Tools Link Removed due to 404 Error Plus is a powerful personal firewall for Windows that Link Removed due to 404 Error from intruders and controls the network traffic in and out of your PC. By monitoring applications that connect to the network Firewall Plus can stop Trojans, backdoors, keyloggers and other malware from damaging your Link Removed due to 404 Error and stealing your private information.

Link Removed due to 404 Error Tools Firewall Plus is advanced technology designed specially for people, not experts. Powerful prevention against attacks and known exploits is activated by default and advanced users can also easily create their own packet filtering rules to customize the network defenses. All you need to do is install it for immediate and automatic ongoing protection.

That's why PC Tools Firewall Plus provides world-leading protection, backed by regular Smart Updates, OnGuard Link Removed due to 404 Error protection and comprehensive network shielding to ensure your system remains safe and hacker free. PC Tools products are trusted and used by millions of people everyday to protect their home and Link Removed due to 404 Error against online threats.

Main Features:
- Protects your PC as you are working, surfing and playing.
- Intelligent automatic protection without all the questions.
- Easy to use. Designed for both, novice and expert users.
- Advanced rules to protect your PC against common attacks.
- Best of all it's FREE. No catches, limitations or time-limits

Last edited:
Right-click on my computer icon on the desktop,. choose properties, click the the Advanced system Settings click the Settings button under Performance,. click the settings button, the the Data Execution Protection.

Add your program here.
I had the same problem!
I downloaded a free text to speech program called speakonia, and while I was starting it up, i accidentally clicked "run as administrator" then the stupid "user account control" popped up every time I started the program.
i followed your instructions, and boom, no more stupid user account control!

Back