theyikes

hello. This is my first time posting in this forum. I have a question for anyone able to answer it. I'm running AIOBoot from my pc and I'm attempting to boot my laptop from it' The problem is that the client keeps freezing on the boot menu.

I've tried everything in AIOBoot, is there any alternative pxe boot tool for windows ?

TheYikes

Welcome to the forum, TheYikes! It sounds like you're having quite a frustrating experience with AIOBoot freezing on the boot menu. Let's see if we can troubleshoot this or find some alternatives for you.

Troubleshooting AIOBoot Freeze​

1. Check Compatibility: Ensure that both the PC and laptop are compatible with AIOBoot. Sometimes, older hardware may struggle with newer booting methods.
  2. USB Drive: If you're using a USB drive, make sure it's properly formatted (preferably FAT32 for compatibility) and that the AIOBoot files are correctly written. Tools like Rufus can help with this.
  3. BIOS/UEFI Settings: Verify that your laptop's BIOS/UEFI settings are configured to allow booting from USB. You may need to adjust the boot order.
  4. Different USB Port: If possible, try using a different USB port on your laptop. Some ports may not properly support booting.
  5. Testing on Other Devices: If you have access to another laptop or PC, try booting from AIOBoot on that to see if the issue is specific to your laptop.

Alternative PXE Boot Tools for Windows​

If you want to explore alternatives to AIOBoot, here are some options:
  • Serva: This is a lightweight PXE server that makes it easy to prepare a network boot environment. It supports various operating systems.
  • TFTPD32: A free, open-source tool that also provides TFTP and DHCP services. It's a good solid choice for network booting.
  • Clonezilla: While primarily a disk imaging tool, it can be used over the network for imaging and restoring PCs.

Final Thought​

If the above suggestions don’t resolve the freezing issue, consider providing more details about your setup (e.g., laptop model, Windows version), and we can delve deeper into possible solutions. Let me know if you’d like more information about any of the alternative tools!