Windows 10 Alarm Clock Wouldn't Open now?

chueh

The Windows Alarm Clock worked before. I am not sure when or what interfered it. The symbol of clock in blue showed up, as if it started loading the program, when I tried opening it. Then, the entire blue screen and clock disappeared within 2 seconds. The program couldn't open.

win-10 home-ed (1607/14393.576).
microsoft alarms&clock app (10.1608.2312.0).

my windows alarms&clock app is grey (not blue). as i have done above … you may also mention your own environment with your next reply.

when was the last time the app worked correctly?
have you uninstalled/installed any software since?
has microsoft installed any updates since?
has your anti-virus flagged/caught anything since?​

you're not sure if anything interfered with it … what was running at the time?
anti-virus scan?
your web-browser?
a computer game?
was microsoft running an update?
listening to music from internet or dvd?​

check windows task-manager to make sure alarms&clock is not listed under the 'processes' tab. if it is listed, click once to highlight and then right-click to choose 'details'. the details-tab will spring into view with the 'time.exe' executable highlighted. does it say running o' stopped o' suspended?
  1. try rebooting your computer.
  2. try logging in to one of alias user-names.
  3. try the app-reset* function.
there is app-reset protocol defined 'n integrated within the win-10 environment. to use this feature … first, make sure the app is not currently running. next, go to windows-settings / system / apps&features / alarms&clocks … click one time to highlight that specific app. once clicked, it highlights and then offers 'advanced-options' … choosing that option will change the window-frame … halfway down you will notice dedicated button "if this app isn't working right, reset it" … you may reset from that point.

edit:
included two snapshots for original poster's convenience.
processes_gaussian.png settings.jpg

Last edited:
Back