Windows 7 Am I the only person to try using an A/V receiver for PC sound?

trog69

Fantastic Member
I have just recently purchased an A/V Receiver-Sony STRDH520, a low-end 7.1ch receiver. I also have a myriad of various speakers to use, from Klipschs to Polk Audio speakers to Bose 301s. I also just purchased a Polk audio 12" powered sub to go with these. Anyway, I plan on only using 5.1 right now. The problem is that I plan to use it as the sound system for my PC, but I cannot locate anything on the internet that is relevant. It's as if no one else has ever done this. Am I somehow very confused? Even the Sony Support website has nothing at all to mention about this, making me feel that I am entering some unmarked territory.

ONce the subwoofer cable and the set of RCAs come in, I was hoping to get a suggestion or two on how to connect this. I have a SPDIF cable and an output via the onboard sound, as well as HDMI outs and the monitor is also HDMI capable. I bought this receiver because it had just about every type of connection I would need. hehehe, and I guess that's my problem, 'cause I don't have a clue as to which ones to use.

Thanks for any help, or even for telling me why I'm completely out of my gourd for doing things this way.

The only way I know of is if your PC your receiver has an optical connection, were one cable connects the unit.

Back
Top Bottom