Windows 7 Another Creative Sound Blaster driver issue

m0rgz

Yo 'Windows 7 Forums',
I've recently installed Windows 7 on my computer, anyways cut a long story short, I've searched through the net downloading 'Sound Blaster Live 5.1 drivers for windows 7 or x64 Vista drivers), and tried to install them countless times, ill get either a error message saying sound card not found/installed properly, other times ill get a error message saying they are not the right drivers for your sound card. I've tried all of them in different compatability mode, I've even tried the old Windows XP drivers I was using previously that worked before I upgraded. My onboard soundcard installs fine using the old Windows XP x32 drivers on the 'Realtek AC'97' but I've got a problem with the onboard soundcard thus the reason I use the 'Sound Bl;aster Live 5.1'. Once again, ive downloaded and installed every drivers that I've found for this soundcard and nothing seems to work. I know my soundcard is old and Creative don't make drivers for there old stuff (lazy bastards), the closest thing I've found was some 'Daniel K' lad who has created unsupported creative sound blaster drivers even for windows 7 (even says it will work with my soudncard but doesnt), I've gone through all the psots on these forums about this problem and nothing solves it. (Ive formated plenty times to make sure I havent left the wrong driver information in the registry)....

My computer specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4000 2.0 GHz
1.0 Gig DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 7100

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I dont want to have to upgrade the soundcard or revert back to windows XP x32 :(

I also searched high and low and was on the point of buying a new Audigy, which I'm not sure would have solved the problem, when I came across this site: http://www.driverlot.com/creative_sound_blaster_livelive_51audigyaudigy_2_kx_driver_51003538l_windows_98seme2000xpxp_x64_.html

I downloaded and installed according to the instructions and my 5.1 Live! is alive again!

Hope this helps you, too.

Back
Top Bottom