any Stalker players?

ussnorway

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
I see the set is on special at gog but I've never played it
GOG.com

do the bad guys respon after you kill an area or is it more like DaO once you clear the area it is safe?

Hi ussnorway! I never played those war games. IMHO there is to much of that in real life. I guess that is for the younger generation.;):)War is real and it is not a good thing, but it will go on for as long as man is here on this earth.
USAF 1956-1962 Okinawa C130 Electrician

do the bad guys respon after you kill an area or is it more like DaO once you clear the area it is safe?
I love Stalker games as they have a certain atmosphere all of their own. As for bad guy's respawning, some do and some don't as it can depend on the area and type of baddie.
The games do feel a little buggy and CTD's (crash to desktop) can be a pain but to be honest IMO it's all worth it... :)

Around the time of the Chernobyl disaster I and a few friends were up in Scotland on a trekking holiday. No news of the disaster had been released at that point and so little did we realise that the rain falling on us was pretty radioactive. So much so that the sheep in that area were eventually tested and radiation levels were too high for them to be sold into the food chain!

I'm still waiting for some odd mutation to appear although the extra arm and hand I have growing out the middle of my stomach is really handy... ;)

yes for $20 bucks its hard to feel cheated.
I just looked at your link and see Metro: 2033 is there too and Metro: Last Light. Although these are totally seperate games some of the devs from Stalker worked on Metro 2033 and it's a fantastic game in it's own right with Metro: Last Light being the sequel. Both are very good games!

I never played it. I remember all the hype about it when it came out way back then. It looked really cool. I added it to my Steam wishlist so when they have a sale on it I'll download it.

I don't think it's very expensive even when it's not in a sale. The game is getting old so the price reflects this:
stalker.JPG

I just got the above 'Snip' from STEAM..

Yeah you're right, it's not expensive at all. But I "try" lol, to wait for when they have good sales like 50% - 75% off or bundle deals with all expansions or the entire series.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Windows Forums mobile app

Agreed.. The cheaper the better.. :) I just thought I'd mention the price in case you wanted them sooner.

I went through the Stalker series once with each release. In that I am replaying older games again I may have to fire Stalker up again it was a good game. Although I will need to get through Witcher 3 before I do that :D

Another great franchise created by some of the Stalker devs is Metro 2033 and Metro last light. The world has ended and the populace of Moscow now inhabit what was the underground train system

A sequel was released called Metro:Last Light which is another great game. Both were well ahead of the time.

(Actual gameshots start around 9min)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom