Windows 7 ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. Release 29/06/2010

Grub

Operation arrowhead is due for release at the end of the month. It looks fantastic.

Here are some trailers. Before anyone asks, yes the chopper is supposed to have no pilot, its radio controlled.

Also, this is a Military Simulator, it is not a FPS so dont be thinking its like BF2 or COD. Having said that it is a little more complictated but a brilliant, highlty addictive game with a massive modding community and a developer that will fix bugs until the game is perfect, unlike some...

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some more juicy goodness for those interested. Some in game stuff also...

Part 2 for some reason displays the following message...

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by 1cgames. Who knows why.

Mmmm, juicy.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I liked the original Arma2, I hated the "steering like a oil tanker" controls.... compared to Dragon Risings úber responsive & accurate method. Hopefully this will be fixed??

While I liked the original Arma2, I hated the "steering like a oil tanker" controls.... compared to Dragon Risings úber responsive & accurate method. Hopefully this will be fixed??

Ahh, there are actually two settings for steering in the control options. I also had this prob, but its easily sorted.

Operation flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. Red Hammer and Resistance were the greatest milsim games of all time. Graphics aren't always everything in a game and OpF really proved this. OpF was the brainchild of Bohemia Interactive Studios, makers of the Arma series and the soon to be remake of CARRIER COMMAND: GAEA MISSION. Along for the ride were Codemasters. When the pair "parted ways" there was a big hoo ha about who owned what. Codemasters got the name, BIS got the game.

So, IMHO, and it is just that an opinion, Operation flashpoint is a completely separate game genre to ArmA and A2. It is in no way a milsim and offers nothing in the way of open space and freedom of choice compared to ArmA, its more of an FPS. Once completely patched ArmA2 will be the gem that the original OpF is today.

Well I'll still probably take the gamble on it even with the iffy controls considering they swapped from Russian style to Afghan style scenario now... nothing like popping Taliban rats from 1000 yards.

Well I'll still probably take the gamble on it even with the iffy controls considering they swapped from Russian style to Afghan style scenario now... nothing like popping Taliban rats from 1000 yards.

Its well worth it. Also remember the online modding community is massive. New Maps, units, vehicles, planes, missions MP and SP, Mods and scripts are coming out daily. Have a browse :D

Easily 90% of all user Mods are brilliant.

Last edited:
Back