Windows 11 ASUS launch my Asus Hotkey (F12) and Camera off (F10) on screen display not working. Please Help!

Jherane

Product Model: ASUS Vivobook 15 – K515EA

BIOS/FW Version/Build Number: X513EAN.201

Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview Build 22533

Custom – Did fresh Windows 11 install from ISO

Installed ASUS System Control Interface Driver v3.0.22.0 and ATK tools 1.0.0061

Unable to see on screen display icon for F10 (Camera on/off) as well as F12 (launch my ASUS) key does not work after upgrading to windows 11. I Have the My ASUS app installed and updated to the latest version along with ASUS System Control Interface Driver v3.0.22.0 and I did not get any on screen displays after Windows 11 booted up, the function keys such as turning on the backlit keyboard just worked but no on-screen display although F12 (Launch my ASUS didn’t). I was able to do research and installed ATK tools 1.0.0061 which gave limited functionality and I had to add an entry to startup for the hcontrol.exe and another program in the installation folders for the on screen displays to show after each startup. Essentially, I do not have the ability currently to see an on screen display when I press the camera hotkey (F10) button as well as I can’t launch my ASUS app using F12.

v3.0.22.0 is the current control driver but did you also install the lastest camera driver which is V10.0.19041.20176

goto the Asus webpage and grab all the drivers... then follow the step by step for setting up your camera after the drivers are installed
[Windows 11/10] Using Camera and Microphone | Official Support | ASUS India

drivers.jpg

v3.0.22.0 is the current control driver but did you also install the lastest camera driver which is V10.0.19041.20176

goto the Asus webpage and grab all the drivers... then follow the step by step for setting up your camera after the drivers are installed
[Windows 11/10] Using Camera and Microphone | Official Support | ASUS India

View attachment 40338
Hey thank you so much for responding! Tried steps above which did not bring back the on screen display functionality and I am still not able to use F12 (Launch my ASUS) key, any suggestions you could give in regards to that?

If you have installed all the drivers and not added some bullshit 3rd software then I would contact Asus next as it should be covered by warranty or at least offer follow up steps

Sent from my Nokia X20 using Windows Forums mobile app

Back